Sound card or plug in Help

DAB

Hi all , ive been getting quite a high cpu reading when layering 3 vsti and getting the clipping noise , i no i can increase the buffer etc but would i help matters by getting rid of my m audio 2496 card and getting something like a emu ua25 audio interface??

i have a athllon 3500 with load of memory shorly it should be able to handle allot?? so i am looking to my sound card , i have the basic m audio 2496.

please all the help you can give will be greatful as i a,m getting fed up with that clipping noise.

Cheers

1)hi , the vsti i use are vanguard , nexus, and z3ta , some times i use nexus twice.

2)mainly around 80 to 90% however on some pads i hear it on very low cpu , but i dont no if this is in the patch it self.

use asio all the time ,

Thanks you.

all the plugins you just named are known cpu-killers.

are you using any special kind of asio native to your soundcard or just asio4all or something of the like? because after i switched from asio4all to my e-mu 1820m's e-mu asio my latency dropped like 10 ms.

as i understand, a faster processor is directly correlated to plugin performance, so that may be the issue.