NiGHTS FOR WII CONFIRMED OMFG!!

JoeFu

Well, we thought it was in development, but today we finally get confirmation. A Portugal magazine (weird huh?) has info on it.

NEOGAF has a thread and I will link you there....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148757

I think this deserves its own thread seeing this was like the game for Saturn. I never got a chance to play it so I hope the original gets on VC or something.

Great. There's a Wii thread for this stuff though.

EDIT: I was trying to translate the text in the magazine, since protuguese and spanish are very alike, and noticed some details.

The game will be avaliable for 2 players, and will have an online functionality(doesn't says what thought). New characters as well.

Takeshi Lizuka says that he will try to mimic the original while adding the new functionalities that the wii offers, which he hopes will make old and new fans like this game. He says the new character will have different abilities so, we'll have to look forwards to that.

An observation:

Somehow it feels like NiGHTS' flight controls should go well with the Wiimote, but when I try to figure out how that would actually work, I keep coming up blank.

The only thing I've come up with that remotely works is that you draw a trail with the wiimote pointer sorta like Kirby's canvas curse, but that would make the game so easy as to be pointless. And while I've been looking forward to a sequel to NiGHTS for a decade or more... the desire not to see it screwed up like Sonic is even stronger. We should all wait for more info before we start creaming our pants.

We should all wait for more info before we start creaming our pants.

Frankly, you should have posted earlier in the thread, waaay too late by now.

When I saw this thread on the OCR front page, I literally did a double-take. I've dreamed and hoped for this for so very long. I loved NiGHTS as a wee one and to this day I bust out the Saturn to play for a few hours. I can't wait for this.

Man, I'm a NiGHTS fanboy myself, but I have to admit I'm skeptical about this game. I mean, the first one was near perfect for the type of game that is, replicating it in a sequel would be impossible. I don't know what else they could add without making up half-assed worlds, crappy rushed music, or anything else of the sort. A remake with better graphics woulda made me happy, but hey, can't please everybody can they?