OCR00702 - Sonic CD (JP) "Collision Chaos Old School"

Ginnsu

Sonic CD (JP) 'Collision Chaos Old School'

Nice piano and I love the lead synth in this mix. Not the most original or most catchy bassline in the world, but it works well. I'm running out of stuff to say here, so I'll just leave it at this: I really like this one. Good work Gecko Yamori, and that's one very sexy encoder.

• 10 months later...

Man...I don't think I've told you how much I absolutely love this mix, Gecko. It might be because the original is so awesome, but still...I think the little things like the synth at 1:00 and the "pump up the volume" guy are what sets this apart. I even liked the "fake" ending...but like djp said, you could've worked a little more on the REAL ending.

Anyway, as Coach Z (and Ginnsu) would say...

"Great jorb."

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, this is one of those mixes I've fallen in love with and then only now remembered to come back and say how much I like it. Of course, I like the original, but that does not a good mix make. No sir, I've heard many a mix on here of compositions I like that turned out bad, in my opinion.

But not this one. The smooth groove gets me everytime. Then it works off into a lovely beat with that squeaky synth (forgive my lack of remixing term knowledge). With great piano tunage thrown in. This is one of a few remixes I've put on a mixed tape for my car and that's saying a LOT.

Keep up the great Sonic CD work and I hope to hear more from you for it!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oldschool electronica, I didn't even know that there was a name for that. Electronica has never been one of those music styles that has gotten me in a positive way, mostly because of the reason that the synths stands out way too much. Like at 1:17, it feels like someone is standing in front of me with a horn, it's just annoying.

It gets better at 2:04, cause then there's more samples that makes it less annoying and instead quite catchy since it doesn't stand out as much.

The good points however, were two things. First of all, the piano, I may be a fan of that particuliar instrument so that may affect my opinion a little, but the sample you used had a certain echo to it, made me feel good in a positive and appropriate way. Second good thing was the man shouting Pump Up The Volume. Yes, you heard me. Although he only appeared for a brief moment, he suited the situation pretty nice.

It was a smooth and oldschool remix with nice technobeat, but with synths playing a tad too loud for my taste. Overall, very solid work, so this deserves a strong nice work. Well done. :nicework:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty nice soundscape on this one, though that drumloop gets kind of old.

The lead synth is really nice, and the mood is generally pretty chill. I think that the repetition gets a little grating after repeat listens, but once or twice though is fine. I'd have preferred a bit more melody to go with the feeling, but that's the source for you, I suppose.

Decent, but not jaw dropping.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Dave's right when he mentions that Gecko comes up with some interesting combinations of instruments that you wouldn't expect to hear, but manage to work quite well. I'm a fan of the over texture of the song, it's unique, has a good low and high range, and keeps my interest.

The drums to end up forgettable towards the end. The beat used isn't bad, just overused. More change-ups throughout would have been appreciated by many, it seems.

I don't know if this one 'collides' as much as I would have originally thought, but it is a nice listen with some goodtexture.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00702 - Sonic CD (JP) "Collision Chaos Old School"