'In The Dark' Released

Beatdrop

I haven't listened to the whole thing, but this is AWESOME! When I get me some more money, I will send you something like $50! If you ever put out physical CDs, I want at LEAST one, signed, to JTD121!!!!

Keep up the awesometacular (it's a word in this case) work!

-Josh

Downloaded, burned, and put in everything that holds more than one CD.

Utterly fantastic.

This has been a good weekend for me concerning music. I got a BT album that ive been missing for a while, and then this.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Krubeshire, Beatdrop!

To go Pro is good, to be selected by a well known company is better, to be selected by a JAPANESE well known company is Awesome!

Congrats to you.

And I only caught this thread by chance..... and only a month-an-a-half late too. Good for me! Being able to enjoy your sonic awesomeness.

• 3 weeks later...

omg you just plain rock ^^ actually it's extremly rare that i appreciate some particular kind of music, including this one. Therefore in my opinion you are very very gifted because i like several of these tracks a lot :mrgreen:

I bow before you ^^ i'd just be so wonderfull if that kind of work could reach clubs and party :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd think that this music, as well as Zircon's, SGX's and many other artists ought to find a good recording company and put their albums up for sale in stores like HMV and whatnot.

I know this is rather naive of me (because it probably costs alot of money), but it may be worth it in the long run.

You'd attract wayy more people, also it may help to further promote VG music awareness.

Anyways, these CD's kicks some major ass, go make money off of it Beatdrop, you've earned it ;)

I'll donate some money once I get a new job (don't worry it won't take too long). Good Luck in the future man.

I'd think that this music, as well as Zircon's, SGX's and many other artists ought to find a good recording company and put their albums up for sale in stores like HMV and whatnot.

I know this is rather naive of me (because it probably costs alot of money), but it may be worth it in the long run.

You'd attract wayy more people, also it may help to further promote VG music awareness.

Anyways, these CD's kicks some major ass, go make money off of it Beatdrop, you've earned it ;)

I'll donate some money once I get a new job (don't worry it won't take too long). Good Luck in the future man.

Unfortunately getting physical distribution is very tough. You need to print a lot of copies first, which is very expensive... 1000 CDs with inserts, full color printing, shrink wrap, bar code (etc) can cost nearly $2000 after shipping and taxes. And you will need a lot more than that if you want to get in all the major stores nationwide. Then, consider that most distributors and retailers won't even talk to you unless you're a major label or have some significant credentials. Plus you would need to promote the albums on the radio, TV, in magazines, newspapers, and other forms of media simply to get the name out there - how often do you buy random CDs from artists you never heard of in a store with thousands upon thousands of CDS? Unsigned indie artists like us don't have a chance in the traditional world.

The best we can do is go by word of mouth and promote online, but of course, there are hundreds of thousands of people doing the same thing, so it's a little grim... you guys (fans) are truly our strongest asset.

Actually I'm a music buff so I buy tons of random music that's not really popular in the media brain-dead culture of today (curse you MTV!!) - although I do like mainstream heavy metal too.

And it's not totally grim, I blare your guys' music in my car, that's gotta count for something ;-). Plus, you've got lots of fans.

Actually I'm curious how much do you make annually (from your music)?