I'm in.

suzumebachi

waiit... remix tha sauce was an intentional joke?

Hahaha it's a long story. The site itself wasn't a joke. The joke was that the site WAS a joke. Like a joke within a fake joke.

We launched R:TS on the 3 year anniversary of the death of SgtRama. Then when April Fool's day came around, we changed the main page to this. A lot (and I mean a LOT) of people fell for it. It was awesome.

But in reality, no, the site is not REALLY an april fool's joke.

It's like weeding the garden. I wonder how many people permanently leave every year because they got pissed?

the answer is none. at least, permanently. doesn't matter what the circumstances, or what the website. people will always get curious again at some point.

disclaimer: this post is a grammatic nightmare.

Hahaha it's a long story. The site itself wasn't a joke. The joke was that the site WAS a joke. Like a joke within a fake joke.

We launched R:TS on the 3 year anniversary of the death of SgtRama. Then when April Fool's day came around, we changed the main page to this. A lot (and I mean a LOT) of people fell for it. It was awesome.

This one was a good one. Not as good as EA ReMix (what is), but yeah, people got ticked at that one too. Good times.

Some of you may have noticed a bunch of extra names thrown into the thank you page. Here's a full list:

Ellen Ripley - full name of Lt. Ripley from the "Alien" movies.

Registerfly.com - a domain name registrar that's effectively screwed over thousands of customers in the last month (check out registerflies.com)

Starwolf Ken - A character from Fugitive Alien, a movie MST3K riffed on

Claire of E-Claire - Eccles submitted remixes for awhile as "E-Claire," a collaboration between him and this girl he was either friends with or was dating. After the "live" Mother remix debacle, the existence of "Claire" has been a topic of debate in some OCR circles.

Dr. Robert Otnick - Ha. I'm clever. Or something.

Douglas Arley* (RIP) - Another reference to SgtRama faking his death.

Ryu Hayabusa - a.k.a Ninja Gaiden

Jack Thompson - Anti-video game lawyer, activist, attention whore. Wishes he was Geraldo.

George Stephanopolis - A Clinton aide during the White Water real estate scandal. I think.

Pai Mei - Watch Kill Bill.

Alex Kidd - Had some adventures in Miracle World on the SMS

Ray Szmanda - a.k.a the Menards guy.

the original creators of Sonic the Hedgehog (who were ripped off by Sega) - I don't know why I added this, but I thought it was funny at the time. This isn't a reference to anything.

Paula Schultz - The name on the gravestone where The Bride gets buried alive. Uh, Spoiler. (Kill Bill)

John Basedow - A fitness celebrity. If those exist.

That was an april fools? Haha you guys need to get laid.

I'm still out.

plz stay out till you stop lyin kthx

I'm gonna go against the grain and say that the pay site was much more believable than EAReMix, and thus fooled a lot more people, and thus was a better April Fools joke.

Better on the omg wtf how could you believe it factor.

I say the C&D fooled FAR MORE people than paypermix did.

Also,

ZIRCON OMG WHY CANCEL FF7 IT BEST GAME EVAR I WANT PROJECT PLZ DONT CANCEL OMG YOU SUCK

hope that was an enjoyable thing to endure

rooooofl

Stairway to Ice Cap Zone = genius. I demand lyrics now!

And as we wander in the cold

This ice is freezing off our toes

But here's a mix you oughtta know

And all the judges won't say "NO"

We'll bob our heads here in the snow

Till we can't DJP no mo'

And we will carve our names in stone

We rock the mix--ice cap zone