Death Note

Anyone have a solid youtube link for the episodes, so I don't have to trawl through 20+ pages of some faggot's AMVs?

I've been reading this series, but I haven't seen the anime. I borrowed them from my library. Yes, my library has a manga/graphic novel section which is why it will be better than yours. So there. And stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 36 is the most suspenseful 22 minutes I have ever sat through. The animation was excellent; that fan in the warehouse alone sold the episode for me =P

I've heard people say that the ending is disappointing, but because of what happens in 36, I can't see how they could possibly screw up the finale. It's almost guaranteed people are going to be dying in the opening seconds, lol. Just throw in some explosions and a generic car chase scene and it will be perfect.

Anyone have a solid youtube link for the episodes, so I don't have to trawl through 20+ pages of some faggot's AMVs?

I've been reading this series, but I haven't seen the anime. I borrowed them from my library. Yes, my library has a manga/graphic novel section which is why it will be better than yours. So there. And stuff.

http://realitylapse.com/videos/death-note.php

You don't even need to P2P or use the lowass quality YouTube to get eps.

Just saw ep36. This is getting intense. Can't wait for the finale.

I didn't read the manga or anything, but I have a prediction for what's gonna happen on the finale. Spoilertagging it for those who haven't gotten close to the end.

*My prediction is .. Mikami kills all the investigators. Light "wins" but his perfect world isn't so perfect. With no one left to oppose Light, the Shinigami kill him.*

Looking forward to ep37, the finale, which aired in Japan today.

Guys!

Whoever is still not watching Death Note, I highly encourage you to definitely give it a shot. I liked the series from the very beginning, and let me tell you, I have never experienced suspense quite like this before. Last week's episode left me hanging and, honestly, I have never been so excited in anticipation of the next (in this case final) episode.

It's hard for me to admit, but I think it is now ahead of GITS: SAC in my book.

I don't watch anime that much. My friends have always tried to get me to watch anime and I've seen the first couple episodes of about every anime out there but there are only about two of them that I've watched past that point because I'm just not that interested.

That said, I watched every single episode of Death Note from the very beginning, and eagerly anticipated the next episode every time. Even though the ending is a little disappointing, I think that's only because that's the nature of all endings.Overall, the series is exciting and smart. The music is awesome, only some of the characters are two-dimensional, and the atmosphere is consistent. I loved every episode.

Just watched the last episode (fansubbed). I don't really know what to think about it right now. I didn't like it that much - I know a lot of people disliked the ending. Was the ending of the manga the same as that of the anime?

EDIT:

I've heard people say that the ending is disappointing, but because of what happens in 36, I can't see how they could possibly screw up the finale. It's almost guaranteed people are going to be dying in the opening seconds, lol. Just throw in some explosions and a generic car chase scene and it will be perfect.

I was disappointed. I thought I couldn't be, but I was. Add me to the ending-haters. Gotta spoiler tag this:

I guess it was just that Light snapped after losing, but really, he had been in tighter positions before. Also, Mikami was generic evil-dark-person to begin with, but in the end, he turned out to be an idiot. The whole Near + Mello > L thing wasn't really true - I could follow L's deductions, but Near's were really deus ex machina. It was like they just needed Near to win without having any real reasoning/plot to back it up. The anime should've stopped at 25, dammit. Even the Yotsuba arc was only good for Porche 911 chase and Watari being a crazy sniper.

I never like endings of animes, anyway.

I just watched the finale. Wow, it was really bad. I guess 36 was supposed to be the climax of the serious, and the finale was just the denouement; or on the flip side, they didn't need the last episode to be any good at all considering there wouldn't be future episodes for people to watch.

*spoiler* Matsuda did something useful for the first time in the entire series. I'm guessing Ohba finally reached the bottom of the barrel of ideas for the series, so he lit up some reefers with his buddy. "Doooood...have Matsuda pop a cap in Light's ass lol" *spoiler*

Really? I had a little of that feeling, but I thought that Matsuda's involvement was one of the more interesting parts. I mean, when Aizawa was suspicious of Light, near the end, Matsuda was still a kind of go-along guy. He still defended Light, IIRC. So when everyone figures out he's really Kira, he's the one who goes apeshit, because it was so much of a shock for him. Even if he was the most easy-going one normally.

. So when everyone figures out he's really Kira, he's the one who goes apeshit, because it was so much of a shock for him.

*spoiler* He shoots him like six times, though. Holy shit. Not to mention, right after that, Mikami starts spewing 40 gallons of blood RE4-style. o_O *spoiler*

I was dissapointed with the ending *spoiler*simply because Light lost. I like Near, and I like his reasons for not agreeing with a world ruled by Light, but I still would've preferred total victory for the forces of evi...um...the New World of Order under Light*spoiler*. On a technical level I found it to be thrilling and exciting.

Yeah, I don't know what exactly happened in the manga, but I do know the anime hasn't covered everything, like where Mikami dies, and the theory that Near manipulated Mikami using the real Note (because Mikami died in ten days, within the limit of control of the Notes).

We'll see what this special says.

Yeah, I don't know what exactly happened in the manga, but I do know the anime hasn't covered everything, like where Mikami dies, and the theory that Near manipulated Mikami using the real Note (because Mikami died in ten days, within the limit of control of the Notes).

We'll see what this special says.

Remember what Ide said? A lot of that is just wishful thinking on Matsuda's part.