OCR00704 - Mega Man 2 "Dr. Wily Haunts Flash Man"

Saunders

Mega Man 2 'Dr. Wily Haunts Flash Man'

Maybe I just like Mega Man music, but I really enjoyed this tune.

The guitar playing is neat, something I always like in a tune is a good sounding electric guitar.

The synth stuff is okay, nothing new or exciting, a little too quiet maybe even. I like the guitar and drums, but sometimes it's all I can hear.

See 3:06 for my example. I always liked Flash Man's theme, and you can hear it here, but it's not distinct enough for my taste.

Overall though, a really cool song.

*I* was actually first to hear this song and all it's majestry. Twas late one night (or early one morning, about 4 AM EST) deep in the bowels of #ocremix. I was visited by Mattias's little brother how he would go about submitting the song. I gave him the whole run down and like everyone who's looking to submit a song he sent it to me all like, "Do you think it'll get posted." I listened to this song and I'm like, "OMFG WTF." At that point there was no doubt in my mind it would be posted. See, traditionally, I hate Megaman games...with a passion. They've always been far too annoying for me. So...I never actually heard one of the originals. THIS song was so good, it made me wanna DL the original, which, still pales in the comparison.

You really have to DL this, even if you don't really like Megaman, you can appreciate all the plain out coolness all over this song.

THis song is really nice, I love it for the most part, I had d/l it but it kept screwing up within the first fewsecs so I had to use a different real player and it seems to disguise itself in the beginning becauase it just jumps into a smooth transaction of the original! I love it and I do like mega man games as well :)

this sounds like something that capcom would have professionally done... i havent played mega man 2 in ages, so i dont remember the music all that well, but i still recognize some parts of this song. this guy makes me jealous as far as guitar playing goes... :evil: ... i dont know if i coulda executed that solo quite as well as he did, so i commend him. :wink: much props to you man... what kinda guitar do you use?

Not bad! Not bad at all! I likey. Still detemining to put it into my playlist though. Very good but if just a couple things were changed to my liking then it'd most definitely be there.

First off, more meaty rthyhm guitar would have made me love it cause it would have given me that almost oldskool metallica feel yet with the keys in there it reminded me much of how The Hippos keys sounds.

Second, Lead guitar needed to have been brought as well cause your solo rocks. Also the flute at the end could have been brought out as well finishing off the peice very well.

Asside from those minor things it was very good and I would encourage you to do more remixes!

Good.

Really, Really Good....

Gastrointestinal-Inflamingly good.

Megaman 2 remixes have always been some of my favorite tunes... From the Godliness of AE's tracks to the versatility and eclectic-ness (?) of Project X's. Mattais really takes this track to a power-metal extreme... something that would work as a stand-alone song even if it hadn't been an NES tune to begin with. Some masterful guitar work, perfectly blended synths, and some killer blastbeats toward the end make for a really fun trip, and one that's certainly going in my "MM2 Remix MP3" folder. :wink: Can't wait to hear more... if these brothers ever really team up for a song, I'm gonna wet my ever-lovin' pants...

Wow! Incredible, man. I am an average technophile -- by "average," I mean I import albums, but I won't claim to know all there is about such a tremendous genre -- and I have heard a lot of stuff. Not only that, but I have heard many renditions of Mega Man themes, as I absolutely love the series. (My current obsession is Sonic the Hedgehog, but the blue bomber does hold seniority over the blue blur.)

Where was I going with all that babble, anyway? Maybe I was trying to justify my right to comment, but then again, everyone has a right to comment, regardless of their aural background. Hmm. All right, nevermind that stuff.

I must say, this is one of the most fabulous Mega Man 2 remixes I have heard in a long time! My other favorites are the MM2 theme "Hero Remix," and the rock remix of the "Bubble Man" music. This just ranks right up there, mostly because I absolutely love guitars, and also because the MM2 Dr. Wily music is the shiznit. The most classic Dr. W theme ever, man.

Love it.

When I first started up this track, for the first 30 seconds or so, I was like "Jumpins! Such sweetness!" And sweet it is... but it didn't hold up the massive sweetness of the starting stuff. I guess much of the very end is quite nice as well... just the Flash Man stuff in the middle brings down the awesome Wily stuff.

Certainly a fine tune, though.

i love the mix to the point of making lyrics for it but i cant seem to make the right words to discribe the mood or battle that seems to take place. i love the way you changed the music 4 times from one theme to the other. keep up with the mega man stuff.

First I would like to thank you all for the great reviews I've recieved.

I really appreciate it, and I'm considering doing another remix.

I've just started my own music/fx production company and is about

to break into the game industry. It sure is challanging, but I have the talent and musical skills for it. And some companies has already shown interest. If Capcom asked me, I would gladly make a cover album of Mega man 2 songs, or even better. I would write the music for their next game. I've tried to contact them but without success.

If you like what I did to the Mega man song, check out my pages:

http://umea.mine.nu/~nicht/mm (MORNINGDEW MEDIA)

http://starfall.soulreaper.net/matte (Personal homepage)

http://come.to/tiredtree (TIRED TREE, my solo project)

http://come.to/embracing (EMBRACING, my progressive metal band)

I write music in all the above mentioned bands, you might like some of it.

/All the best,

Mattias Holmgren

Not bad at all. Really fast and upbeat, I love the guitar solo. Really good work on that. I also like the flute at the end, but when I first heard it I thought it'd be a better way to end the song on something like that then keep it going. I'll be looking forward to hopefully more. :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This was the song that leaded me to OCR so as you can tell it has definly made an impression on me(otherwise I wouldn't have wrote this) This stuff is what I would like someone to release on an album I for one would buy it & I'm sure that there's some members of this forum that would to.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Not many people have been able to make good rock remixes of tunes (which kinda sucks since rock is my favorite), but I'm glad someone took this great tune and made it even better. All remixes I have heard until this one just didn't really compare to the original. I like it and really want more rock remixes. Or metal. I love metal too.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

This is Mattias Holmgren the composer/remixer writing.

I've been busy with alot of albums (Azure, Embracing) and my audio production company for the past months.

Due to the high pressure of people telling me they wanted more songs like the Mega Man 2 track I spent

a few hours yesterday and wrote this creazy song called "Fullblood".

www.morningdewmedia.com/music/fullblood.mp3

Let me know if you enjoy it!

Yours sincerely,

Mattias Holmgren

www.morningdewmedia.com

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00704 - Mega Man 2 "Dr. Wily Haunts Flash Man"