Ever see anyone besides you sportin some OCR apparel?

Hawkwing

I've had several encounters involving OCR clothing. I talked to some ugly girl at Western Carolina I saw wearing a shirt. She loved the music and had actually downloaded my Chrono Cross remix off VGMix. She thought it was "eh" or something along those lines lol that was around this past October. Last spring break there was a girl in a wet t-shirt contest in Myrtle Beach wearing one, but this dude kept yelling "that's my shirt oh my god that's my shirt!" like it suddenly worth $100000000000000000 or something. And there is a guy in the Asheville GameStop that always comments on my shirt when I wear it in. I think I remember someone wearing one once when I visited UNC, but I could be mistaken.

I get more kudos for my Homestar hoody.

I've been stopped and asked what the shirt was all about, but I've never had someone know what the hell I was talking about.

I wish I didn't live in the middle of nowhere... ><;

EDIT: I get more comments about my Homestar Runner shirt, or my Todokanai Mario Shirt.

I've had several encounters involving OCR clothing. I talked to some ugly girl at Western Carolina I saw wearing a shirt. She loved the music and had actually downloaded my Chrono Cross remix off VGMix. She thought it was "eh" or something along those lines lol that was around this past October. Last spring break there was a girl in a wet t-shirt contest in Myrtle Beach wearing one, but this dude kept yelling "that's my shirt oh my god that's my shirt!" like it suddenly worth $100000000000000000 or something. And there is a guy in the Asheville GameStop that always comments on my shirt when I wear it in. I think I remember someone wearing one once when I visited UNC, but I could be mistaken.

I get more kudos for my Homestar hoody.

Hey, do you go to WCU? That would be fairly awesome.

I wonder who exactly at Gamestop that is. Most of the cool people I thought had left. Hmm. I worked there around this time two years ago, so I'm guessing you probably aren't a WNC native.

Definitely not true. Metsubo, Beholdbojangles, and WeirdBoyScott (three prominent old-school OCRers) are all in Dallas. And that's just Dallas... the Texas list has more people than anywhere else, except California and Virginia area.

You can add another guy to the list for Dallas cause I also live around there.

I have'nt ever seen anyone else wearing an OCR shirt. But I hope I'll see some people wearing OCR clothing when/ if I go to the Video Games Live concert coming up in Dallas. Tickets go on sale tommorow!

Hey, do you go to WCU? That would be fairly awesome.

I wonder who exactly at Gamestop that is. Most of the cool people I thought had left. Hmm. I worked there around this time two years ago, so I'm guessing you probably aren't a WNC native.

I took classes at Western but didn't live on campus. Some of my friends stay in Walker and I'm up there every once in a while. I moved from Wilmington to Fontana in 2004 so I may have bought some games from you at one point or another! NC represent sippin' on dat purple drank.

Or something.

I talked about this in #ocremix a bit ago... Sometime over Easter break, I was at a Winery in Indiana, and spotted a ridiculously nerdy chick across the bar-island thing doing a wine tasting...

And actually, she caught my eye becase my girlfriend and I were asked if we'd be tasting... I'm 18 and she's 16... But the lady said we looked old enough... and I started looking for people that didn't look old enough...

Anyways... I saw she was with an equally nerdy guy that was wearing a red Nintendo sweatshirt... And while it wasn't OCR apparel, the only other people I've seen wearing that sweatshirt occasionally visited OCR. Not to the extent of registering on the forums or getting into the IRC channels, but downloading songs to games they liked... I was going to ask if he was familiar with the OCR community and website... But decided against it..

• 3 months later...
Definitely not true. Metsubo, Beholdbojangles, and WeirdBoyScott (three prominent old-school OCRers) are all in Dallas. And that's just Dallas... the Texas list has more people than anywhere else, except California and Virginia area.

And I'm from Dallas originally, but I currently live in San Antonio. :)

YEAH WHAT HE SAID!(google search of myself brought this up LOL OLD!)

When I went to connecticon for two hours two people commented on my shirt, one saying that he's registered here apparently. I've never seen anyone else in an ocr shirt outside of meetups..

No surprise, Connecticon has been getting more and more craptacular since 03' or 04' I went this year, but couldn't make it friday night, which is when they have the street fighter and halo tourneys, bastards. But all we saw was Naruto and Bleach cosplayers, and it seems like they have been offering less and less every year. ALTHOUGH I did buy some asian candy, Hi-chew, VERY good, get it if you see it!

Going back on topic, Never seen anyone with OCR apparel or known about it :neutral:

Last spring break there was a girl in a wet t-shirt contest in Myrtle Beach wearing one, but this dude kept yelling "that's my shirt oh my god that's my shirt!" like it suddenly worth $100000000000000000 or something.

That's how you popularize the shirt.

In my case, I've had one guy recognize the shirt a few months ago when I worked at Borders. (I can reed!) The bro's name was Omar and he was in town for his brother's graduation. He knew a lot more than the average fan, especially for a lurker. DarkeSword was his favorite ReMixer, and he even knew Shariq's name and pronounced it correctly. Say what?!? He was also in disbelief when I told him djp lived in Northen Virginia, since that meant he was close by. But yeah, he was definitely very cool and I gave him the inside track on what mixes were coming up. Two days later, I got my paralegal job, and I definitely can't complain. ($)

I walk past a GameStop every day going to and from the Metro, but I've never gone in. Something about not being a gamer. But one day I'll drop by with the shirt and spread the gospel.

I've never seen anyone else besides me fly the colors outside the obvious contexts of conventions/meetups/etc.