Ever see anyone besides you sportin some OCR apparel?

Hawkwing

I was at Chelsea Piers in February of 05 and this dude had the OCR logo on his skateboard deck. He told me that it was a self-made custom job since all of the people that he knew had the artistic knowledge of preschool children.

Ironically enough, we both were listening to Beamsabre Beat ZeroV2. We chilled for that week, but had to go to the military a few months later. Haven't seen him since.

I don't have any of the OCR shirts or hoodies myself, but I've seen a couple people wearing them around campus (Virginia Tech). Even met a guy on the forums who was in my major at VT and had three classes with me.

Apparently Virginia's a good state for OCR fans.

Yeah, ME! :razz:

I need to get myself some OCR stuff...

i want another hoodie and a coffee mug.

We've got hoodie stock and just need to get it into eStarland's database, so that won't be an issue.

I might be running a poll soon to gauge interest in mugs, hats, posters, or (my personal favorite) bumper stickers.

I'll also add that we printed 400 glossy fliers for $50 at Kinko's which were invaluable in spreading the word at Otakon. As sort of a viral/promotional concept, to help spread the word and what not, I'm thinking of making the source PDF for this flier and others like it for people to print out and put up at their workplace/college/whatever. Anyone be willing to do that? We'd have a single page design for cheaper monochrome printing on regular paper, so it wouldn't be too cost prohibitive, as well as the glossy 1/4 page design for the shnazzier but $50 kinko's printing. Passing these around at concerts, bars, or anywhere is a fairly decent way of getting the word out, imo...

• 7 months later...

a couple years ago I spotted a guy wearing a shirt at Crabtree mall in Raleigh and said hey to him. I think he posted about it later.

I used to work for Time Warner Cable and there's a guy who wears an OCR shirt every now and then. He said he didn't really know much about the site (or he didn't get on much - one of the two) but someone got it for him for his birthday.

We've got hoodie stock and just need to get it into eStarland's database, so that won't be an issue.

I might be running a poll soon to gauge interest in mugs, hats, posters, or (my personal favorite) bumper stickers.

I'll also add that we printed 400 glossy fliers for $50 at Kinko's which were invaluable in spreading the word at Otakon. As sort of a viral/promotional concept, to help spread the word and what not, I'm thinking of making the source PDF for this flier and others like it for people to print out and put up at their workplace/college/whatever. Anyone be willing to do that? We'd have a single page design for cheaper monochrome printing on regular paper, so it wouldn't be too cost prohibitive, as well as the glossy 1/4 page design for the shnazzier but $50 kinko's printing. Passing these around at concerts, bars, or anywhere is a fairly decent way of getting the word out, imo...

Personally, I want an OCR shot glass. :smile:

When I was at Ikkicon 2 in Austin, TX (I live very close to Austin, heh) in Feburary, I wore my hoodie a few times and someone came up to me and went, "OVERCLOCKED REMIX!" I told him that The OneUps were there and he almost freaked out. I also got to meet Mustin, and even purchased The OneUps Vol. 1 and Piano Sqall's album GAME. That was pretty fun.

On a different note, when I went with a friend to the locally owned game store he works at, I noticed that the font used for the OCR logo is the same as an SNES game's logo...but I've forgotten which game unfortunately. =(

On a different note, when I went with a friend to the locally owned game store he works at, I noticed that the font used for the OCR logo is the same as an SNES game's logo...but I've forgotten which game unfortunately. =(
It was most likely an Arkanoid game. Probably this one.

Back on topic... Sadly, I've never seen any OCR gear in this area. Been thinking about buying some OCR threads for myself for quite some time now, though. Maybe when I'm not completely flat busted broke.

My FIRST day of class at Full Sail, I walked into class with my OCR shirt on under my hoodie, because I knew if I was going to run into anyone that'd get it, it'd be there. Well as luck may have it 1 kid in my class was wearing an OCR hoodie. It was really cool. He's a cool kid, he doesn't really talk on the forums much but he's registered. We don't really hang out but we're both 2 of like 15 people left in my original class so I mean...I see him everyday, lol

This reminds me...that's something I looked into doing. We have flyers from this place ALL over my school.

After I went there, I realized why: If you get 4x6 flyers (your stands promotional club thing on glossy cardboard blah blah blah) with their ad ont he BACK side and yours on the front, they're free for 1000 of them.

By that I mean, you pay $0 other than shipping, but if you can pick them up at the place (in downtown Miami) it's $0. Which IS an option.

I haven't got around to doing it yet, but I'll be damned if the price isn't right.

Note: Shipping to Orlando was something like $12