OCR, The Musical...

Thin Crust

First let me just say that I am only putting the idea out there. I don't think I will be able to contribute in any way if people are interested in doing this. If xplay can create a musical than any organization can. So, as crazy as it sounds, how do you think OCR, The Musical would work out?

It probably would be entirely audio instead of a singing dance number on a stage somewhere.

I've been in musicals in high school and one production while I was in college. I was a butler in My Fair Lady, some dude with a kilt on in Brigadoon, one of those people from Save-a-Soul missions from Guys and Dolls, some guy in what was it... In to the Woods.

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay~ And I pity any girl that's not me, today.... !~!

Wow, I'm supprised how many people are interested in this project. I was actually scared to death that I would be laughed at constantly if I put out this idea. I think if people are willing to put some time and effort into this, maybe we should be thinking about appointing a leader, and perhaps moving over to the projects forums. Though that's a bit of a stretch for this initial interest that people have.

Wow, I'm supprised how many people are interested in this project. I was actually scared to death that I would be laughed at constantly if I put out this idea...

Honestly, when I first saw the thread topic, that's what I expected too.

First let me just say that I am only putting the idea out there. I don't think I will be able to contribute in any way if people are interested in doing this. If xplay can create a musical than any organization can. So, as crazy as it sounds, how do you think OCR, The Musical would work out?

It probably would be entirely audio instead of a singing dance number on a stage somewhere.

i have a pretty good voice, although i dont know who this is limited to. i would give it a try i guess. but you need to specify what this is like, how it is going about, and so on...

so yeah, this sounds pretty cool!

This project will fail so hard if it doesn't have Funky Monkey Love as the tender emotional song between the protagonist and his love interest and Music of My Groin as the thrillingly epic climax.

Well then, we at least have 2 songs on the Movements list.

I think that this would work best if it were written in some sort of cheesy Stephen Sondheim style. It just really writes itself, very predictable progressions and such. All right, anyone want to write it? I guess I might do it over the summer if I'm not doing anything...

The peak climactic theme must be this.

EDIT: To be honest, this might actually work best if you take a bunch of selected OCR tracks and put them to vocals - the concept of remixing a remix is old hat, but as long as the original artists are good with it, a MUSICAL ALBUM PROJECT might not be such a bad plan.

Not sure about OCR the musical, but how about this...

Goatse: The Musical

Find out about him as he reveals himself to you...

"I'm gaping and I'm red.

I'll get intooooo your head.

Make you my friend I'll try,

just gaze into my brown eye.

As you can plainly see,

someone did marry me.

But little does she know

I have a big asshoooooooooole!

This is my own fun, stretching apart both my buns.

Oh no now here she comes!

'What're you doing?'

Nothing huuuuuuuuuuuun."

Learn of his fears and weaknesses...

"I may seem, rather crude.

I come off, rather rude.

To trash they say I aaaam akiiiiiiin.

Here I am, so open.

I'm worried but I'm hopin',

that you can help fiiiiiiill me iiiiiiin.

Can't you look past all I'll done... turn an eye that's blind.

Can't you feel some pity, and not leeeeaaave me behiiiiiiiind."

And hear the inner thoughts of his very orifice...

"Oh my God!

Am I fucked?

Inside me your hands are tucked!

What the hell?

Fucking stop.

I feel like I'm going to pop!

I just really can not see

why you're doing this to me!

Tell me what I've ever done

to cause you to have this fun

by streeeeeeeeetching meeeeeeeeee!!!!"

The life... the times... the sphincter.

Goatse: The Musical

Tickets go on sale June 29th.

The peak climactic theme must be this.

EDIT: To be honest, this might actually work best if you take a bunch of selected OCR tracks and put them to vocals - the concept of remixing a remix is old hat, but as long as the original artists are good with it, a MUSICAL ALBUM PROJECT might not be such a bad plan.

You know, this project is looking more and more plausable as I think about it. Your idea of adding lyrics to existing remixes seems like the easiest way to do it. I think now the question is, what is the story going to be?

You know, this project is looking more and more plausable as I think about it. Your idea of adding lyrics to existing remixes seems like the easiest way to do it. I think now the question is, what is the story going to be?

Depends how seriously you want this to take itself. If it's a serious musical, you're pretty much stuck with a love story of some sort (or basing it on Bible stories). Of course, you get a lot more wiggle room if you do a Gilbert and Sullivan-style comic opera, like Pirates of Penzance.

For best results, I'd definitely suggest the latter. Perhaps a story about a young naive remixer who's attending the first-ever OCRcon, trying to get his new crappy Geurdo Valley remix accepted out of pity by the judges by meeting them in person and convincing them he has testicular cancer. Somewhere he screws up and they find out the truth, but he ends up saving the day by thwarting Protricity, who showed up to ruin the festivities somehow. After that, djpretzel himself, played by Patrick Stewart, who up to that point had not been shown on stage, shows up thank our hero for his dedication to OCR. He still doesn't post the crappy ReMix, though.

man...i actually dunno...i've been making beats lately...especially techno beats using FamiTracker