Married OCR people?

If it wasn't for Rock and Roll Racing, I would be married today.

I am not kidding. Rock and Roll Racing ruined my life. (Well, it got better since then, but back then...)

If you don't want to know the whole story, you can skip to the next post. However, if you want to learn a story about how a videogame can change your life forever, and it is on topic for this thread.

So, I had been dating this girl for a while. Beautiful love story really. Very cliché. The one thing that was not perfect was the friend circles. We grew up in relatively distant towns (although as destiny would have it, back when I was an infant, we actually had met), and we both had different circles of friends. Since we met in school, I knew some of her friends, she knew some of mine, but in both our respective circles, we were the other's boy/girlfriend.

Come New Year's eve. At that point, we had just spent a whole week together for the first time in a while (I had moved to study in another school and we were doing the long distance relationship thing at that point.) That week had convinced me that by the time of her birthday (early February) I would have asked her to marry me. Anyway, for New Year's, we are invited to two parties. We decide that we would eat supper with my friends, hang out a bit with them, and then go to her friend's party.

Anyway, with my friends, we have a pretty good time. She is part of the gang, everything is peachy. Then we get to her friend's place. I have a hard time fitting in because the friends kinda never really approved of me. I don't always integrate well with people. I got better at this with time, but back then, I just really didn't have anything in common with her friends. They were all active people, and by then I was losing a lot of mobility due to a condition. So as I try to make the most of it, I see in the corner a bunch of guys playing Rock and Roll racing. I sit down with them and start enjoying the game, letting my girlfriend to catch up with some guy's brother she had not seen in ages. Anyway, the party moves to a bar where there is much dancing (except for me due to the limited mobility.) So my girlfriend spends time with the old friend. I stay with her but at some point, no drinking (I was driving) and no dancing (pain sucks), made me think I should go back and hang out with my friends. After midnight, I tell her this. I leave.

To those who skipped, read this to get the general idea.

That night she slept with the guy she was talking to while I was playing Rock and Roll racing.

And that's why I have not played that game in about 6 years.

So yeah, write me down as an eternally single guy.

Sex, drugs, and Rock N' Roll Racing?

I just got married last Thursday! I got so excited when he announced us husband and wife I nearly jumped the gun kissing her. I had to stand there fidgeting for a few seconds until he said I may kiss the bride.

Benedick was right when he said:

"Man is a giddy thing."

Congratulations. I got married on a Thursday as well.

Congratulations. I got married on a Thursday as well.

Okay, Im changing the date to get married on a thursday now, just because of that whole "jumping the gun" thing. But I'm gonna jump the gun. Yeah, I'm gonna.

Maybe we could start an "I got married on a thursday club". It would be like the View, except without the old ladies.

Okay, Im changing the date to get married on a thursday now, just because of that whole "jumping the gun" thing. But I'm gonna jump the gun. Yeah, I'm gonna.

Maybe we could start an "I got married on a thursday club". It would be like the View, except without the old ladies.

Unless you decided to marry one I suppose.

• 8 months later...
Prophet of Mephisto is getting married next year also - hell, he's holding an OCR meetup at his wedding! :grin:

Ooh, I wanna' go! (Of course, I'll have to ask him).

Hey instead of blogs why doesnt this site do a dating service? That would be lots funnier. DJ if youre reading this, consider.:-o

Idk, too many stalkers + fights over who was with who.

I would tell people near georgia to come to my wedding, but its going to be in the mountians in Blue Ridge, and a pain in the ass to get to. Plus lots of Native Americans.

Those damn native americans! Always out to mess with peoples weddings!!!

not to mention teh male to female ratio

What is that, like 200:1?

• 3 weeks later...
My lady could be watching so I can't say much >_>

I hope we can get married within the next 5 years. :)

Right now we're both working on finishing our studies and I plan to take another 4 year college after my current one.

I want financial stability first and job-security. When the time is right I'll be moving to the US and marry my love.

We're awesome together and life has been so much more interesting ever since I met her. :) Who says online relationships can't work out?

YEAH, ROCK ON!!!! :D But 5 years is just too long. =P