Help me identify these songs?

and per se Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello happy people.

I would really REALLY appreciate anyone who can name a song for me. I first heard it six years ago (or so), then I lost the file. But thankfully I used a piece of it for a video I made, and I managed to rip the audio from that video.

I am not sure about the original title and I haven't been able to locate it anywhere.

http://files-upload.com/files/641811/Metroid%20-%20Brinstar%20Lower%20Level.mp3

The name of the original file was "brinstar lower level", or something like it. Also I do know that it is not an OCremix.

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, it is Kraid. Haven't even thought about that. The "original" file (the full version) was named something along the lines of "brinstar lower level", hence the name of the mp3.

But that would probably explain why I can't find it anywhere. Somebody around here must've heard it(?).

• 10 months later...

Hey all. This is my first post here, and I guess there would be better ways of introducing myself than just asking for a favor first thing off the bat, but I'm in kind of a jam.

A friend and I have been creating an RPG for several years, and for the past two years, I've been trying to identify these two tracks (both from RPGs, I believe) we had put into the game early on, so that we can re-acquire them in a better format and also properly credit the source that we got them from.

Note that while they may sound like old PC games, this is more than likely because the sound clips in question are from midis that were converted to AdLib music. They are more likely to be from 8-bit or more recent consoles.

I figure that if there's any place on the internet that is an authority on the subject of RPG or VG music in general, it's here. So, I'm asking for assistance from you guys - can anyone identify either of the following two tracks?

http://konami.heysuburbia.com/hor_battle.mp3

http://konami.heysuburbia.com/hor_castle.mp3

Even if you don't know for sure, any guesses or anything would be appreciated. I'm even interested in "vague impressions"; anything that might lead me to finding the source for these two tracks.

Thanks very much for your time, and I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place or anything.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody.

I've spent most of my time on the internet over in the classic doom community and for years, the most popular DM wad has been dwango5, a compilation of really old custom maps.

The problem is that almost nothing is credited so a lot of information regarding the source of data in the wad is unknown including map authors and, in this case, the source of this song.

The song in question can be found by clicking here. Many of us have been trying to find the source of this tune for at least a decade at this point and while we've questioned others in the Doom community with no luck, I figure that there is a slim chance (very slim at this point after 10 years) that at least one person here can identify the mystery tune.

Please, help the Doom community identify the song that has been haunting us for over a decade.

P.S. Today is Doom's 15th birthday. Happy Doomsday!