If you could to a remix/rearrangement, what would it be

Devyn

Call me crazy for this idea, but I've seen a few here that have been off the wall.

I'd make a country-techno song of Metal Man's stage in Megaman 2. I know, country-techno doesn't work *coughCottonEyeJoecough*, and yeah, that song is remixed like nobodies business, but I feel I could work it with the banjo within a techno song.

A bit off the wall, but..

I'd want to try and remix/rearrange a song from Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES) called "Wall of Defense" (track 11 from the SPC archive at Zophar) to make it sound like the title theme for a spaghetti western film, complete with the sound of horse hooves striking the ground in rhythmic fashion. But this will likely never happen, considering I don't have the time, talent, or software / hardware to pull off such a remix.

I have two songs that stick out in my mind that need to be properly remixed, and I'd do them myself if I was capable:

Cast Roll theme from Mega Man X. Star Salzman did a good remix of it, and the 2:04-310 section had a similar feel to what I want to see done to it, but it wasn't what I was looking for. More guitar, less "electronica"-based music(?)... I can't really describe exactly what I'd like to do with it, since I'm horribly bad with musical discussion, but if you listen to the section listed above, you'll get a vague idea of what I'm thinking.

Ending Theme from Super Mario 64 (yes, I know, this was already brought up earlier, but it deserves to be mentioned again). This one would be more of a cover, as I'd like to do this one with actual (and more) instruments while sticking fairly close to the original music.

But alas, I cannot pull these off because I suck at making music! Perhaps someone else would like to do them? :wink: (I really ought to put these into the Requests forum, now that I think about it...)

If I could do a mix, it would have to be either Plok! or Chuck Rock, most people here are familiar with the game, but there's only one remix, ONE!! Plok's house is a good song, as well as the Beach music...

If I did Chuck Rock, it would be the opening theme.

Duclare Chateau from Deus Ex

Episode 3 Boss from Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Main title/Annah theme music from Planescape Torment

Tracks like these make me want to learn how to make music just to remix them. Also, Planescape and Deus Ex music is criminally underremixed.

EDIT: Also, 'Faith' from Dreamfall

BEEN THERE DONE THAT

Though I want to try it again because my mixing techniques are a lot more elaborate. But yeah feel free to do that sometime in the future, we need more Deus Ex remix.

Coool, have you still got it? I looked on your site and could only see your main title remix.

Lets see, I have wanted to do a remix for a long time, but I don't have any musical talent. Same goes for my brother who has 13 years piano experience. I convinced him to do an ff8 ragnorack(sp) piano version. Now the only issue is, wait for him to have some free time.

I've tried my hand at a remix and it didn't end up so well (I guess Industrial elctronic isn't my style), but I think that my next try is going to be something I'm much more comfortable with, Drum n' Bass. I like crazy rhythms, and even more so at a high speed. It suits the random factor of my brain well. Me thinks a remix of the Final Battle 2 song from Metroid Prime 2 would do well with a "little" (underexaguration) DnB makeover. I also like messing with distortion, so if I could/can, I will try/will put that in. Something that suits the dark Sci-Fi of the MP games.

So that's what I'd do for a remix if I could.

A remix of Elegant Summer from Melty Blood using nothing but a couple of spoons and a kazoo.

But sadly, I don't have a kazoo. :sad:

I'd also probably do a rock remix of the menu theme from Metroid Prime, the Sand Ocean theme from F-Zero, and Castle in the Mist (I think that's the name) from Ico - in one epic song, and with 3/4 timing.

Yeah, so what if I'm overly ambitious? :sad:

Edit: I just killed another topic again, didn't I? Fuck... :cry: