I bought an OCR jersey

captainocd

I'm posting this in GD because the Shirts thread is basically dead and I wanted to get the word out.

I had an OCR jersey from back in the day when they were still selling them at ZTNET and I was in high school. I loved it to death. As with all things, it eventually became worn out and I had to get rid of it.

A few days ago, I decided to pick up another. I ordered everything the same way: jersey, navy blue, XL. It just arrived a few minutes ago and am pretty disappointed with it. It is insanely large, way bigger than my first one (keep in mind I was in high school then). I am 6'4 and this thing is bordering on a nightgown in length. I could walk around without pants and probably get away with it. I am praying that it will shrink a great amount when I wash it.

That's not really my main problem, though. I'm not a huge clothes person, so I don't really know the exact structure of how jerseys are supposed to look, but all of my previous jerseys (including my first OCR jersey) looked like this at the bottom:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3301/shirt001uk1.jpg

But this one looks like so:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3848/shirt002bb0.jpg

It just really feels kind of cheap and flimsy. Also, the material is fairly thin. Like I said, I'm not sure if this is just the standard setup for a jersey.

I'm more then happy to contribute money to the site, you guys certainly deserve it. I'm just disappointed that I won't have an OCR shirt to sport around town. :(

My advice to anyone wanting to get a shirt, order a size smaller and get the regular t-shirt, not the jersey. I'll update if it shrinks to a reasonable size.

I'm a fan of getting blank jerseys ( hockey, baseball etc.) because I can personalize it. Nothing I buy online or in a catalogue ever fits right. I wonder if the powers that be would ever consider patches that we can buy and put on our own shirts jackets etc..

I'd buy some in a heartbeat.

I'm posting this in GD because the Shirts thread is basically dead and I wanted to get the word out.

I had an OCR jersey from back in the day when they were still selling them at ZTNET and I was in high school. I loved it to death. As with all things, it eventually became worn out and I had to get rid of it.

A few days ago, I decided to pick up another. I ordered everything the same way: jersey, navy blue, XL. It just arrived a few minutes ago and am pretty disappointed with it. It is insanely large, way bigger than my first one (keep in mind I was in high school then). I am 6'4 and this thing is bordering on a nightgown in length. I could walk around without pants and probably get away with it. I am praying that it will shrink a great amount when I wash it.

That's not really my main problem, though. I'm not a huge clothes person, so I don't really know the exact structure of how jerseys are supposed to look, but all of my previous jerseys (including my first OCR jersey) looked like this at the bottom:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3301/shirt001uk1.jpg

But this one looks like so:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3848/shirt002bb0.jpg

It just really feels kind of cheap and flimsy. Also, the material is fairly thin. Like I said, I'm not sure if this is just the standard setup for a jersey.

I'm more then happy to contribute money to the site, you guys certainly deserve it. I'm just disappointed that I won't have an OCR shirt to sport around town. :(

My advice to anyone wanting to get a shirt, order a size smaller and get the regular t-shirt, not the jersey. I'll update if it shrinks to a reasonable size.

From what I understand from djp, and he'd have to clarify this in case I'm mistaken, those jerseys were from the last printing ZTNet did before OCR switched printers. When providing eStarland with that merchandise, it wasn't checked because there was no reason to believe that the fabric type had been changed at some point.

Getting a flimsy jersey like that is definitely not cool. We'll do what we can to hook you up with something else. I'll work with djp after this weekend is over to see if and how we can hook you up properly.

Thanks very much for pointing this out so that we can work on this issue sooner rather than later.