Turntablism

Skrypnyk

Yeah I think it doesn't flow as well in some places as the previous versions, but on the contrary all the new scratchin and vocals are sweet.

I noticed a small bit of clipping around :30 - 1:15 sorry i can't remember I'm at work and I don't have my good headphones on me. I do know the clipping/ or xtra static is def not coming from the rythms.

Besides that jazz, i still like it dude, and have been listening to it the past couple weeks.

It's cool to say, I had a love/hate relationship with that melody. As per radiowar's suggestion on adding more of the melody in, I did that.

Now however, I went back to my old melody, but tried to throw more of the original melody into that.

Along with a shit load of madness, changes, and....breasts??

play.

Thanks for the comments =)

• 2 months later...

Oh who are we? Who are we? Who really gives a damn!?

You are you, and you are you, and that is what we am!!

K so for those who are unaware, I started this back in late 06. What originally was a montage to Kid Koala turned into a BoC/DJ Shadow/My style remix (Of SMRPG mallow sad song).

I'm having a love hate relationship with the song, so if there's anything in here that doesn't tickle your fancy, say it.

:puppyeyes:

aaaaaaaaaaa this is really good i like the changes from the last version i heard

this reminds me so much of 'midnight in a perfect world'

the melody entrance at 3:22 seemed kinda weird at first because it sounds like it should be chromatic but it jumps down

i probably said this every time you posted this but i can't recognize the source in the first half of the melody

i like the samples and white noise things you added to the middle section, and what you did with the ending

i hope you have a better title than turntablism though

aaaaaaaaaaa this is really good i like the changes from the last version i heard

Super

this reminds me so much of 'midnight in a perfect world'

Awesome (That was intentional)

the melody entrance at 3:22 seemed kinda weird at first because it sounds like it should be chromatic but it jumps down

I screw up there D=!! .

i probably said this every time you posted this but i can't recognize the source in the first half of the melody

Bits of the original are scattered in the first half. I'm subtly trying to throw more of the melody into this (If I can only remember what I did with my other pattern =< ).

i like the samples and white noise things you added to the middle section, and what you did with the ending

Wicked.

i hope you have a better title than turntablism though

Skryp's Turntablism Remix? :3

Nah, I'll think of something equally lame when I'm finished the song.

• 2 months later...
i found it here:

http://skrypnyk.escariot.net/music/Skrypnyk%20-%20Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Broken%20Beyond%20Repair%20OC%20Remix.mp3

the melody is a lot less liberal than the last version i had heard...i'm surprised bgc had so much trouble finding any connection to the original.

Thanks for the link. All the previous links Skrypnyk put in are expired.

After I read the judges' decisions thread, I was curious to see what's all the locomotion about. This isn't my cup of tea, but I still found this to be pretty different from the usual. Different is good. Those cutting voice samples with the turntables really make this mix stand out. I wonder where these voice samples are from? Can't recognize any of 'em. I can hear the original melody playing on piano...taking more of a background beat role at times.

Too bad this wasn't accepted, it would've made an awesome addition. Thing is, it's going to be really hard to re-sub this one I suppose...

Definitely keeping this one. Picking up your album while I'm at it too.

I'd also like to take this time to say that I'm kinda confused by BGC's decision. Changing the chord progression is probably the most commonly used technique in arranging music. And it's not like these were extreme changes either...4 and 6 chords are common substitution for 1 chords.

That said, I do admit I had a little trouble hearing the source, but I was able to catch where and when you used it. Definitely wouldn't have recognized it if I hadn't been told outright though. I actually think 2 strategically-changed notes could push this into acceptance territory (I mean, dude, you got 4 YESes as it was). Really though, how hard can it be to copy the melody MORE closely? :P

I actually think 2 strategically-changed notes could push this into acceptance territory (I mean, dude, you got 4 YESes as it was). Really though, how hard can it be to copy the melody MORE closely? :P

If that really is the case, I did a little reworking.

Compare.

And sorry for taking down all the links, I just want to make sure this is 100% done before people start downloading it, and they don't end up with an older copy.

OH SHIT! I didn't know ur a torontonian, pretty sickass. the piece is awesome (from what I can hear putting all the bits together in my head) the main isntrument holding the melody sounds really neat. is it an EP with some minor tweaks? sorta has that vibe to it. get a resub right away, I'd like to see this on the front.