OCR SNES tournament 3 - Tecmo Super Bowl III

kamoh

Some keys:

"Matches" are just one game.

Use FIVE MINUTE quarters, SUNNY conditions, and a GRASS field.

You may play ANYONE else in the tournament once, starting NOW.

I know that I'm in it (i just can't make a table), dPaladin (cnidog) is definitely in too.

REMEMBER TO REPORT THE FINAL SCORE!!!

Wins are the first criteria for qualification.

Losses are the first tiebreaker.

Ties would intersperse in there somewhere, as half a win and half a loss - TIES COUNT so don't keep playing or something like that.

Results against tied opponents will LIKELY be the next tiebreaker - if not it will be points differential, then something else to do with points.

In the playoffs, if a game remains tied after overtime, the higher seed wins (I don't wanna mess with replays or anything).

Don't know how much I'll be able to do but go ahead and sign me up. I can just drop out if things don't work out, right?

You don't even have to do that - just play what you can and have fun with it :)

The bracket is only there to ensure that there's a recovery period for players that either come in late or can't play all their games, but still perform very well.

It is an insult to start a new tournament without letting the last one's champion (which is STILL to be determined >_<) decide on the game.

Count me completely out.

This goes for the last tournament too. I don't WANT to be your champion anymore.

At the risk of sounding like a dick:

Kamoh was seeded first in the Mario Kart tournament, and I was seeded second. He and mew are the organizational minds behind these, and I was undefeated and therefore the likely champion. The only person who had a chance of beating me was Drack. But he never did even in casual play. I'm not trying to be a braggart, since Mario Kart is a very aleatoric game anyway. I'm just saying that the people with the most say reached a consensus on which game to play.

This isn't supposed to be incredibly competitive anyway. If you have to "feel insulted" because you didn't get in on the reindeer games, then you're missing the point.

By the way, I'm perfectly alright with GWED but Tecmo Super Bowl is very fun and the Arcade tournament already does a lot of fighting games.

It's not the fact that I didn't win -- No one did, and all "who's what seed" shows is how many games you played early on. This is not why this is an insult.

Here's why. I don't give a damn "who has the most say" Because you know what? Kamoh is a self-proclaimed dictator (Mew was in charge...). The fact of the matter is that it was specified in the rules that the champion would choose the next game. That didn't happen. The only "prize" of the tournament -- picking the next game -- was not even awarded, but taken by the self-proclaimed administrator and the next game was chosen though there was no champion.

Do I want to finish this up and possibly overturn what game is to be played this month, as Kamoh offered in an instant message today? Absolutely not. This is your tourney now, and I don't want to be a part of it. And if you don't think I have any reason to feel insulted, you are short-sighted indeed. This is not about who would have won (though I dispute your claim of superiority). It's about who could have won, and the fact that the tournament rules were broken by the administrators.

Enjoy your football.

It's not the fact that I didn't win -- No one did, and all "who's what seed" shows is how many games you played early on. This is not why this is an insult.

Here's why. I don't give a damn "who has the most say" Because you know what? Kamoh is a self-proclaimed dictator (Mew was in charge...). The fact of the matter is that it was specified in the rules that the champion would choose the next game. That didn't happen. The only "prize" of the tournament -- picking the next game -- was not even awarded, but taken by the self-proclaimed administrator and the next game was chosen though there was no champion.

Do I want to finish this up and possibly overturn what game is to be played this month, as Kamoh offered in an instant message today? Absolutely not. This is your tourney now, and I don't want to be a part of it. And if you don't think I have any reason to feel insulted, you are short-sighted indeed. This is not about who would have won (though I dispute your claim of superiority). It's about who could have won, and the fact that the tournament rules were broken by the administrators.

Enjoy your football.

Okay, I don't normally care what goes on in this thread, but this is silly. You need to just give Kamoh a break. He's helping to run multiple competitions at once and it's difficult to keep tabs on everyone, so the only logical thing to do if no one is playing is to move on. Similar circumstances in the AG tourney occured and no one really gave a damn.

But even after he used his "administrative abilities," which he is entitled to do, he responded to you and allowed you a say in the matter. That's where you made an awful choice and just threw it back in his face. Don't act like Kamoh's a dictator just because things didn't go your way. You just need to learn to adapt. As a matter of fact, I was waiting for the last tourney to finally end so I could join the next one.

But then I saw it was Tecmo Super Bowl.....

After Drack posted his first message above, I launched an instant message campaign to appease him and to TRY and get the Mario Kart tournament rolling along. I would CERTAINLY rather finish that one up, have a legitimate champion, and select the next tournament based on real results, and I said all this to Drack multiple times. I was also going to post all of that in this thread as well, because I didn't want to leave Drack's post out there without a response.

But instead I went and watched UFC with my cousin, followed by more dubious activities with the lady-friend.

Not sure how this particularly comes full circle, but if you guys can finish the Mario Kart, have at it. I'll be here tonight waiting for Atmuh and Drack so that I can finally play them (and Atmuh, you're also culpable here because you refused my match requests so many times to "play the bracket in order" when in fact goldenkrnboi was solidly afk).

Crap... You guys need a life... So what hes a dictator, You don`t have to make a huge deal of it. Just play the game. Or not. Its that simple. But I would of liked to see a true winner.

Heres to this tournament getting finished.

New added prize: I buy beer of choice for winrar.

see, this is why we do semis and finals in the ag tournament

And yes dpaladin, we at the ag tournament are about fighting games, but that is just for arcade games. We never touched snes, but since you guys here don't mind, let the assimilation of all fighting games for our tourny commense.

o! the fgtry.

We had semifinals and finals too, just no one played any matches lol.

And I know it's the arcade tourney. I just think it would be dumb to have two fighting game tournaments running in unison. It's like...

too much fighting, not enough loving.

compofgtry