I've found a ridiculously addicting flash game

DarkCecil13

The bash tower hits like a flipping truck when it's upgraded though, and is extremely effective against groups and spawns. I have yet to make it past level 36 or so though, I keep getting eaten alive by the flying dudes.

I recommend some swarm towers! Pretty much 2 level 6 swarm towers in the center of the map can take out the two level 49 flying bosses at the end, so you'll need them anyway. although, it isn't necessary... Typhoon towers (level 6 squirts) are good for both land and air.

I usually keep it to using Squirt and Frost towers upgraded to Typhoon and Blizzard towers respectively for multi-purpose owning. Really though, if you're having trouble or just want to see how other people do it, check the score listing and click on their name to see what design they used. It won't really work out to a 'T' because that's only how it ended, not how it progressed. Still, this is one of those games that is actually deep enough to have fun like this with.

I found chick chick boom plodding and entirely forgettable, and I'm not just saying that as the stereotypical "flash guy that is bitter at his own personal failings and delights in tearing apart others' success". I'm saying that as "flash guy that is working feverishly to bring crappy flash games up to the level of quality of a Super Nintendo game."
I really like your flash work. Have you done any games?

I really like your flash work. Have you done any games?

Thanks for axeing!

I'm working on an engine for SHMUPs that I'll use for personal project. Originally, I was working on 3 different games from 3 different genres and *nothing* was getting done because I'm not the best programmer in the world. So I decided if I could just nail down a good, variable engine, I could just make a whole bunch of games in the same genre, then make a new engine for a new genre, and start the process over again.

So far, the engine's coming along nicely. The only screenshots I can provide are from Seraph, the only game I've got the aesthetic nailed on:

http://www.thewingless.com/seraphss.jpg

All my other projects are largely conceptual at this stage.

Thanks for axeing!

I'm working on an engine for SHMUPs that I'll use for personal project. Originally, I was working on 3 different games from 3 different genres and *nothing* was getting done because I'm not the best programmer in the world. So I decided if I could just nail down a good, variable engine, I could just make a whole bunch of games in the same genre, then make a new engine for a new genre, and start the process over again.

So far, the engine's coming along nicely. The only screenshots I can provide are from Seraph, the only game I've got the aesthetic nailed on:

http://www.thewingless.com/seraphss.jpg

All my other projects are largely conceptual at this stage.

That's pretty hot. Though I must admit, I was hoping for a deep sci-fi game reminiscent of the current wingless.com theme.

I still have Nanaca Crash saved on my computer (thank you Temporary Internet Files). Worse, I used to have a link to it on my desktop. :cry:

That game took weeks out of my life. I'm now afraid of playing it again for fear of attempting to beat my old record of like 8000 or so.

*is resisting urge to click on the addicting games.com link a few posts back*