Sex Up Your Sounds - Music Tutorial Podcast

So I had a class assignment -- make 4 cohesive podcasts and publish them online. I was considering making them about cool gadgets/toys, but that's kind of overdone and I honestly couldn't think of 4 cool gadgets that I own. So instead, I opted to provide some very basic music production tutorials (for beginners!).

Each episode is about 2:30. They're rushed, sloppy and boring to listen to. And honestly, I suck at music so anybody that listens to me will probably end up making worse crap than they began with, but hey.

Episode 1 - Guitar Recording

Episode 2 - Lead Synths

Episode 3 - Orchestral Strings

Episode 4 - Compression (lame)

Oh and I used music by Ryan8Bit and Protricity without asking permission. Hi.

Enjoy!

(Though they suck, I will be pimping this out everywhere, so enjoy seeing this thread duplicated on several sites!)

I was really considering making one of these on recording electric guitar, because it's the only thing I can do properly. It would be a cool learning experience to actually document and explain what your doing and why you're doing it. Supposedly the best way to learn is to teach.

These were cool man. Really well put together, and entertaining to listen to. Good stuff.

Thanks for listening and especially for the great feedback! I think this format is really working because like analoq said it's pretty terse and gets the job done quickly.

MORE TO COME! (read on)

I'll be posting this in each thread I made for this podcast, so enjoy the repetition:

I just got the parameters for the final assignment today, and one of the options is to record 3 more podcasts! Looks I'll be doing at least that many more. So... I need ideas! Any suggestions on topics to cover?

Thanks!

SnappleMan I think for a future episode it might be cool to incorporate that awesome FFMQ mastering track you made (if that's cool with you?). Not sure, might not work out for this format...

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS FOR NOTHING JERKS! Just kidding. Here are the next three shows:

Episode 05 - Cables

Episode 06 - Frequencies

Episode 07 - Chiptunes!!!

As always, please correct me if I got something wrong. Also, I'm extending a formal invitation for anyone that would like to contribute to the site or podcast. Hit me up if you're interested!