how do I link channels

okay, so I have a great distortion software that I got for my guitar called guitar rig. I found out that I can add guitar rig as a channel into fl studio. the distortions on the slayer 2 are not that good for the song Im making. so Im wondering if there is a way I can link the two channels to make the clean guitar sounds from the slayer2, go through guitar rig. the reason I dont want to just use my guitar and record it, is because I need it to be very accurate. honestly, I dont have enough experience and skill for how accurate I need it...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Set up a send. I'm 99% sure this is the same in FL6 as 7, so using your stuff as an example:

Route Slayer to a free mixer track.

Go to a different empty mixer track, and add Guitar Rig as an insert effect.

Go back to the Slayer track in the mixer and highlight it, then right-click the up arrow above the "FX" button on the Guitar Rig track and choose "Route to this track only." Ta da, you have a send. :D

You could just insert Guitar Rig on the Slayer mixer track itself, but using it as a send instead allows you to route multiple tracks to it, which is great when you need to use one effect for a lot of stuff (e.g. reverb).

HTH.

To add to what Leah says, you don't want to add Guitar Rig as an instrument, only as an effect. The only advantage of using it as an instrument is if you have a pre-recorded MIDI or MP3 file that you want to play back with effects, and even then, you'll only really want to do this in standalone mode, not within FL Studio. In FL Studio, you're better off using an audio clip with Guitar Rig as an effect.

I was confused a first but I fugured it out! thanks for the help guys! man the guitar rig gives such great distortion on the slayer. it pretty much sounds like a real guitar recording. well it better give a good distortion. that program costed more than fl sudio xxl producer addition itself XD

You could just insert Guitar Rig on the Slayer mixer track itself, but using it as a send instead allows you to route multiple tracks to it, which is great when you need to use one effect for a lot of stuff (e.g. reverb).

HTH.

If you have the CPU power, I suggest using multiple instances of Guitar Rig rather than using it as a send. For two reasons. 1) Guitar Rig (I'm assuming we're talking about GR2), much like a real guitar amp, sounds like total balls when you have multiple things running through it (keep in mind you won't be able to pan the individual instruments should you do this, and phasing will be an issue). 2) When you use it as a send, the original signal will remain in the mix and run parallel to the GR signal, creating a muddy mess. It is MUCH better to use it as an insert. Kanthos is right about using it as an instrument though-- don't.

2) When you use it as a send, the original signal will remain in the mix and run parallel to the GR signal, creating a muddy mess.

Only if you send to both the master and another FX channel, which was why I said to choose "route to this track only," which removes the default send to the master.

ah I'll just record my guitar. remember the reason I said I dont want to use my guitar and just record it, is because Im not skilled enough for how accurate I need it. not like simple power chords and stuff. I need it for stuff like fast sweeps and other type of solo's. thanks anyways though!