Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War (PSP)

Hawkwing

i don't think that balthier will really be a serious character - probably just another sercret one, like cloud. if they DID work him in, i'd be interested to see what he winds up being - since mustadio basically covers everything that he does. i don't think that they'd change mustadio just to include balthier. he wasn't THAT cool.

Probably just a secret character, right? Much like Cloud's appearance? Probably not a serious storyline addition.

Well, it 'made sense' with Cloud's addition, he got sucked into that time by the machine, but Balthier's actually from that world and practically related to Mustadio.

It'll be like some horribly scripted time traveling movie whe-- omg Futurama.

I believe it was revealed before that Balthier will have an important part in the story. I dunno about FuSo (main character of FFTA2 that is also appearing in FFT PSP). Anyway this game got reviewed by Dengeki PS:

80/85/90/70 = 325/400

Not bad score so it will be awesome. Still wanna see what Famitsu says about it.

• 1 month later...
I hope this makes it out this year, it's easily my favorite game. I thought it was just me when i couldn't really grasp the story in 1997 (or whenever). But maybe this time it will actually make sense.

did you read the updated info i put the release date in it

• 4 months later...
Famitsu is fan service, its scores are worthless.

I will wait till I play it to pass judgment.

No it's not. It's only the most respected Japanese gaming press by far.

You always have to take it with a grain of salt since they DID give a perfect score to Wind Waker, which is just ridiculous no matter how big a Zelda fan you are.

I saw an ad in EGM, and one of the screenshots showed a charater holding what looked like a gunblade. Did they add gunblades to this version? Sweetness. Also, although Balthier is a cool addition, did they remove Cloud to do it? Anyone able to clear this up?

I thought it was announced that the story would be reworked to make Balthier an integral part of it? If this is so, then the Cloud sidequest bunch shouldn't be affected.

I remember when only the shadow of the second new secret character was shown there were all sorts of crazy guesses as to who it was. One of them was Ashley Riot with a hat, lol.

So it turned out to be the new Tactics Advance 2 lead. I guess thats alright, but admit it, wouldn't Ashley have been an awesome and fitting hidden character to put in there?

I went and reserved my copy of this today. I was thinking whether or not to get it since I'm supposed to be saving for a ps3. I think FFT is my favorite game ever though, I hadn't really thought about it before this. Looking forward to Tuesday/Wednesday or whenever it comes out.