MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

Ah, I missed your post - sure, you can stay with us...are you planning on staying both nights?

Yeah, Friday and Saturday nights, preferably still.

But does anyone know what we might do Saturday evening/night and Sunday morning?

After talking with my folks, they suggested that it's probably a good idea to stay in DC for the night instead of trying to drive home after 10PM. Bahamut, do you have extra room just for Friday night? If not, do you know a good hotel in the area?

Possibly...I'm still waiting to get in touch with my friend though. I'll let you know soon enough though (Tuesday latest I'm hoping)

...but it does mean you will have a car, yes? Will you be staying at DJP's until he kicks all his non-overnight guests out and, if so, could you drop me off at the place I'm staying?

Okay... New post for quote... As it stands, the vehicle for transportation from my place to Philly for zirkietricks to DC and back will be a 2004 Ford Explorer, with 7 seats. 4 will be occupied from Philly to DC, and 5 will be occupied from DC to Philly. Pez, are you still needing a ride? If you can meet zirkietricks at their place in Philly, I can do a pickup.

Okay... New post for quote... As it stands, the vehicle for transportation from my place to Philly for zirkietricks to DC and back will be a 2004 Ford Explorer, with 7 seats. 4 will be occupied from Philly to DC, and 5 will be occupied from DC to Philly. Pez, are you still needing a ride? If you can meet zirkietricks at their place in Philly, I can do a pickup.

Nononononono. Allow me to clarify.

I will be entering and exiting DC via Amtrak. However, this limits my local transportation options: a taxi, or a friend with a car... or an acquaintance with a car... or someone I've met two seconds ago with a car. My concerns lie in:

a) getting from the train station to the Washington Monument

B) getting from VGLive to DJP's (I assume that's where we're going after the concert). What's his address anyways?

c) getting from DJP's to my friend's, where I'll be staying the night. I don't know how far he lives from DJP, but he's five or ten minutes out of DC

d) getting from my friend's to Burke Lake Park (he may be able to help me out on this one)

e) getting from Burke Lake Park back to the station

I don't know what time we'll be leaving DJP's for our respective sleeping places (though I have been asking), but I'm trying to ascertain whether I can get a ride to my friend's even if it's 1, 2, 2:30 in the morning.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for those of you taking Amtrak from NYC the day of, I'm on the one that gets into DC at 10:25 am (it leaves from Newark at 7:22 am). Anyone else taking that one?

So with the hotel situation, who else is still looking for a place to stay in? If there's enough interest, we could book 2 rooms and split the cost accordingly. For a hotel, the price is relatively cheap so it's not a bad deal either way.

Still looking for a place to stay here...

And hope its a cheap hotel seeing as where I am at moneywise due to stupid bills that a roommate didn't pay.

Also Escariot: Check your PM's plz

I know there's parking at the Kennedy Center. I dunno how much it'll be though- I can almost guarantee it won't be free. Beside that, parking will probably be hell. It'll all be metered, and we're meeting (or at least, all you 12 o'clockers who don't have to WORK) at like a tourist hotspot. It's pretty tough to find parking there- It's possible, but tough. As for restaurant place- they prolly have valet parking, but otherwise I think it'll be streets and meters.

Jose, bad news - turns out my brother can't get his apartment until September 1st, which is no good for us for Otakon...so are you still going to stay for both nights?

So, so far we have:

Jose (Friday definite and Saturday = ?)

Darkesword (Friday)

Kroze (Friday)

q-pa (Friday & Saturday)

Me (Friday & Saturday)

...and I want a friend to come along but she has disappeared off the face of the earth.

For the first night at least, it's looking like it's either $40 or $48 per person or so, I'm guessing $48 though assuming no other person jumps in. I'm looking to book tomorrow night, so if there's anyone else who'd like to get in this group, speak up now or forever hold your peace.

I hate to be rude (no, srsly) but none of the questions I'm asking are getting answered, i.e. can someone give me a ride from place to place (I'll help out w/ minor cash expenses), what's DJP's address, how long will we be staying there, are we even GOING there? It's 3 days away now and I need to know.

Bahamut, if you end up on that train, you should be able to easily find me, since I WILL be wearing the OCR shirt. Plus, if we travel together it will make things a tad easier.

I hate to be rude (no, srsly) but none of the questions I'm asking are getting answered, i.e. can someone give me a ride from place to place (I'll help out w/ minor cash expenses), what's DJP's address, how long will we be staying there, are we even GOING there? It's 3 days away now and I need to know.

Bahamut, if you end up on that train, you should be able to easily find me, since I WILL be wearing the OCR shirt. Plus, if we travel together it will make things a tad easier.

Darkesword & q-pa both have cars, no worries there. Also, is it possible for you to give me a ride somehow Shariq? Like maybe I can travel to around where you are somehow and leave from there? How long would it take from the city to an amenable place and how early are you planning to head out to DC?

Edit: Alright so I'm heading down there with Shariq - we'll be there for the dinner, and stopping by the hotel beforehand.

And if anyone needs phone numbers, feel free to ask people via PM for them.