MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

Alright hotelers! I booked the hotel, and the grand total will come out to be....$26 for Friday night! I couldn't book the original hotel I was considering, but I ended up booking the Marriot At Fair Oaks in Fairfax, VA, which is right across the street from djp's place or so, so it's maximum convenience and cheaper to boot.

For those staying Saturday night as well though, it'll cost either $43 or $32, we'll see about it when we get a definite count on who's staying for then. I was a cheapass and only put it down for 2 people...and I'll take the floor on Friday night so all of you guys can get good sleep.

And don't forget to bring clothes for athletic activity - I demand we play an OCR game of Ultimate (frisbee) on Saturday afternoon!

UPDOOT: I can make it at noon on friday- bossman changed his mind! Yay!

Sweet! 8-)

Alright hotelers! I booked the hotel, and the grand total will come out to be....$26 for Friday night! I couldn't book the original hotel I was considering, but I ended up booking the Marriot At Fair Oaks in Fairfax, VA, which is right across the street from djp's place or so, so it's maximum convenience and cheaper to boot.

For those staying Saturday night as well though, it'll cost either $43 or $32, we'll see about it when we get a definite count on who's staying for then. I was a cheapass and only put it down for 2 people...and I'll take the floor on Friday night so all of you guys can get good sleep.

And don't forget to bring clothes for athletic activity - I demand we play an OCR game of Ultimate (frisbee) on Saturday afternoon!

Also sweet! :nicework:

Will there be a pool like there was at MAGFest?

Here's the hotel info: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/iadmc-fairfax-marriott-at-fair-oaks/

And let's all pray that zircon & pixietricks can make it! zircon got hit with appendicitis earlier today and had to be rushed to the ER. :cry:

Thankfully appendicitis gets patched up very quickly... normally within 24 hours nowadays.

Here's hoping he will make it in time!

Thankfully appendicitis gets patched up very quickly... normally within 24 hours nowadays.

Here's hoping he will make it in time!

I just received word from Jill about Andy's status. As of now, he is still in the hospital, and may need to stay another night. Quote from Jill: "He's in pretty good shape given the circumstances. We definitely won't be able to make it to VGL, though"

Andy and Jill: You will be missed, but as my friend and mentor has always told me, "Life comes first." Take care.

I just received word from Jill about Andy's status. As of now, he is still in the hospital, and may need to stay another night. Quote from Jill: "He's in pretty good shape given the circumstances. We definitely won't be able to make it to VGL, though"

Andy and Jill: You will be missed, but as my friend and mentor has always told me, "Life comes first." Take care.

Wow, sorry to hear that :-(

Get well soon and we'll see you next time!