MEETUP: Video Games Live, Washington, DC (6/29-6/30)

big giant circles

Hey Bahamut if you wanna bring the 360 and some stuff (still a bit of a haul, but eh well,) I could bring my Wii, though I only have a couple games and two controllers.

Dave has a 360 actually - I could bring 360 related stuff though, like my GH2 controller for two player GH2 action, Gears of War, and other assorted 360 goodies & two controllers.

Kay, lots of stuff going on, and rather than troll through the entire thread to find my answers I'm gonna tally up what I believe to be the tentative schedule, along with all the questions I've got:

Anyone coming from Jersey? I'm in Montclair...

We meet up mid Friday afternoon, hang out, play games, go to eat, and go the concert. Do/can we sit together? I should probably know that before buying a ticket. We sleep - where? Not a hotel, preferably. I'm still reeling from MAGfest.

What do we do on Saturday? More hanging out?

Kay, lots of stuff going on, and rather than troll through the entire thread to find my answers I'm gonna tally up what I believe to be the tentative schedule, along with all the questions I've got:

Anyone coming from Jersey? I'm in Montclair...

We meet up mid Friday afternoon, hang out, play games, go to eat, and go the concert. Do/can we sit together? I should probably know that before buying a ticket. We sleep - where? Not a hotel, preferably. I'm still reeling from MAGfest.

What do we do on Saturday? More hanging out?

It seems some want to go to Saturday night's show as well. Looks like we're possibly going to have a barbeque, I'd say it'd be on that Saturday too. Dave (djpretzel) has offered his place, but I'm not sure how many people he can hold over there.

The seating is all together if you commit and pay by May 22 - instructions are on the first post.

As for people coming afar, I'll be coming from New York (probably going to hitch a train at Penn Station to Baltimore, then head on over with my friend there who's coming). It is still undecided whether I'll be having another friend coming with me from NY, but we'll see what happens.

Also a note to those who haven't purchased yet: There are only 6 tickets left for seating with the group, and that's not counting the possibility of zircon/pixietricks and/or sephfire/wife coming and the 2-3 tickets to be purchased by RealFolkBlues, so any lurkers interested should get out the lurking mode and post interest & follow the instructions in the first post if they'd like to sit with the group - you would be able to hang out with us before/after even if you don't get to sit with the group, but it'd be vastly more entertaining being all together with us (and cheaper).

Kay, just paypalled it over. I imagine I'll be able to go. And if I can find a place to sleep (I remember I have a friend there) I may even spring for a train fee. But if anyone is driving from Jersey (or north of that) let me know, and I'd like to work something out.

as the event approaches, and with the *CHANCE* that a certain someone (who kicks loads of ass) who I shall leave unnamed for the time being might make an appearance, I might go ahead and plan on attending the saturday show as well

side note, can i get a mod to change the title to something like "VGL DC meetup - all info in 1st post) so people won't have to post stuff like "hey, i don't want to read __ # of pages. what's the deal?"