Chrono Trigger - Ocean Palace

Sole Signal

I accidentally corrupted one my older WIPs of the the Ocean Palace theme, so I wanted to get the foundation put back together so I wouldn't forget the feel I had going. I'm kinda glad it forced me to start from scratch, cause' it turned out much better:

It's weird how quickly this formed (probably took an hour); the song pretty much wrote itself after the intro. Comments are welcome. :)

EDIT: UPDATE 8/20/07

http://www.silverlinestudios.net/Mp3's/audix_oceanpalaceWIP.mp3

I accidentally corrupted one my older WIPs of the the Ocean Palace theme, so I wanted to get the foundation put back together so I wouldn't forget the feel I had going. I'm kinda glad it forced me to start from scratch, cause' it turned out much better.

It's weird how quickly this formed (probably took an hour); the song pretty much wrote itself after the intro. Comments are welcome. :)

Hehe Mizou, u get 1000 points in my book, just for attempting to remix this song :D. And its freakin awesome.

Oooo, if you have time AFTER u make this 1, can you remix the Tyrano Lair? I'll wuv u forever and ever - but not in that way. Unless u want me to ;-)

Thanks guys.

@ HoboKa, maybe I'll do another Chrono mix sometime in the future, but like I said, it's not like this mix was planned or anything. Maybe I should corrupt my .flp's with Kontakt more often. 8-)

hehe, that you should :P

its just that tyrano lair is so cool yet no1 has actually got an OC remix of it :(

Although Veggoroth did a cool rock-mix of it...

wow, all i can say is wow. this is some pretty kick-a** stuff. although usually i dont care for this genre of music, but this definitely made the song enjoyable. the only thing i can criticize about it is that after the half-way point in the song, there was something missing, it needs something to fill that emptiness. congratulations on a great job! keep it up!:smile:

Also, what program do you use you crazy.

Furthermore: Fake guitars aren't as sexy as real ones, but you've done a very good job of them.

I use FL, duh. :wink:

For the crunch guitar, I used a set of samples from the Sample Fusion "Amped" pack, running them through the Camel Crusher VST and Amplitube LE. For the lead, it's a Sytrus patch routed through the same combo. Works pretty well methinks. :)

Cool! :D. Liked the drums and the overall feel here, and yeah... I have to agree, fake guitars aren't as sexy as real guitars... but there's some nice buildup here. I think you should go trying with some more instruments and stuff. This feels like a candy that is way too sweet.... so, you get tired of so much sugar little time after, so , why don't you try with a bit of salt?? :D (ok,,, i know i'm not the best with metaphors, but... you know what i mean!! )

• 3 months later...