more mashups, including a Halo one

neminem

Just thought I'd post here, in case anyone might be amused that doesn't frequent GYBO: I posted a couple more mashups.

Of particular interest to the game-tune-mixing world would be third down from the top, in which I mash the OneUp Mushrooms' arrangement of the Halo theme, with Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of my Head. It scares me how much they fit, without having to do anything more substantial than lining them up and beatmatching them. The other two I posted just now, Teenage Wastebag and Sweet Hoes Alabama, required much more substantial cut-and-paste work.

Very nice. What software do you use for all these? I've had a big urge to mash Aerosmith's "Dream On" and Bright Eyes's "Lover I Don't Have to Love" together lately.

Sony Acid Pro is the big name in the mashup culture (I know a few people use Ableton Live, and a few even still use their hardware dj'ing setup, but Acid is by far the most popular). In any case, that's the loop-making software I've gotten to know over the past couple years.

To really do it right I'd need access to acapella/instrumental versions of songs...which would really be a problem to get ahold of. How did you go about that?

Well, for pellas, this is my first stop, always: http://acapellas4u.co.uk/

For instrumentals, there's no one spot, but frequently you can find something someone's made or leaked, by googling around a bit. Also, if you hang out on GYBO (http://www.gybo-v3.co.uk), you'll see threads about newly-made pellas/instrumentals every so often.

Then, too, frequently you can fake a 'mental by clever loop-editing (something that's much less feasible with pellas, hence the existence of a4u, and no corresponding i4u ;)).