*NO* DuckTales 'Transylvania' *FT*

Antonio Pizza

ok, here is my submission. or something.

this is my "ReMix" of the transylvania theme from Ducktales on the NES. I have no idea who the original composer is... please don't shoot me.

it should be there somewhere at

ok.

this started off as my first ever mix. i posted it a while back (several months ago i beleive) in the reviews forum (before you changed the rules), and some people liked it, and some hated it (no surprise here).

so i decided i would re-work it, to make it a little bit better.

so over a month or so i had been tweaking this, changing that, blah, and here we are.

i don't know what kind of music you would call this. it has sort of a techno beat to it, with some zany "wtf" drums on top of the bass drum.

the main melody is comprised of some wierd ass samples (some wave sounding stuff, im not really sure what it is or what you would call it, but i loved how it sounded in this track). some delay here and there, a touch of reverb.

and in the background (i think I might have made it TOO quiet, but it's there) is some real guitar.

I hope you guys enjoy, and find it acceptable

oh and if you need to find me i spend nearly all my free time in the chat rooms (because I have no life... there I said it)

peace,

Suzumebachi (Ty Guenley)

samuraihornet@netscape.net

(thanks AP)

I know what Rob's talking about. Something's not quite right, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is. I think it's the theme itself. It's not really a likable theme. It's easily forgettable. The lead synth is ehhhh :? . I'm not really caring for the drums either. Everything else is okay. Those two things I don't believe are enough to hold it back. But there's something else...I don't know. I think it's just the song as a whole. The theme itself is at fault, not the work of Suzu. Hmmmmmm, tough call...

Me not liking the theme is a subjective opinion. My OBJECTIVE opinion is that Suzu did a decent job, therefore I'm going to vote yes and let the critics complain about the song.

The first 2 seconds are great! :D

The problem with this mix, as m68030 said, is with the mixing of the remix. This is where mixing skills would come in really handy, there needs to be some panning, some volume adjustments, and some riffs do clash with others, (there are some big sounds here). I would re-arrange some of this.

I like the idea, this has groove, the right amount of reverb, and I like the drums. But it just hasn't got the polish. NO