Firefox randomly crashing a lot lately

Bigfoot

Over the past week or two, I've noticed Firefox is randomly crashing a bunch. It mostly happens on forums when I'm entering a message. I've noticed it happening when I click the text box, and then I hit enter to go down a few spaces. Then the error message pops up and it crashes. I guess at least it saves your session so you can immediately go back though.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I haven't gotten this problem, but what does the error message say?

There is no error message. When you hit "Enter" while typing in your forum message, you get a box that pops up telling you that FireFox has to close (you know, the whole "Send/Don't Send" deal). Then you have to restart FireFox. This has been happening to me ever since the 2.0.0.2 upgrade, and it's getting really old.

This happens to me all the time, but not when typing a message. If I follow a link to a thread and click the back button before it has loaded completely, Firefox will sometimes freeze and shut down completely.

Needless to say, I don't like vBulletin anymore.

Happened again a while ago when I clicked the reply button but regreted it the next second since I wanted to check one thing and pressed the back button. Then the thought "aww crap" crossed my mind and shortly afterwards Firefox broke down.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here's what I did for the moment.

As I mentioned before, all the crashing started with the 2.0.0.2 update. So, I went back and grabbed the 2.0.0.1 version of FireFox, and thus far, I've had not a single crash. Seems something happened, and currently there's nothing on Mozilla's help forum that does anything besides telling people it's not FireFox, but a plug-in. They suggest going through their standard "FireFox crashes" diagnostic, but people still say the browser crashes even after doing all the things the diagnostic says to do. I even read a post or two flat out refusing to believe that it was FireFox at all... like somehow FireFox couldn't possibly have a bug in it. I can also no longer find the threads that talked about the browser crashing to the desktop, which puzzles me.

So, try going back to 2.0.0.1 and see if it helps.