Your opinion on this car

Devyn

Yep, I need some advice on this. My friend's Dad owns a dealership and they're offering me a deal on a 2003 Mustang (take note that this is an old time friend, I've even gone on vacation with his family). It's white, convertible, with 80,000 miles, automatic v6, and the Mach sound system with 6 disc-cd changer.

My old 96 Mustang is finally wanting to kick the bucket, but I have the cobra R rims to pimp the new one if I get it.

They're offering it (to me) for $7,500, which I think is a pretty good deal. I rarely travel long distances, and I've seen plenty of Mustangs surpass 200,000 miles.

So, do you think is a good deal? The offering price is well below suggested retail.

Anyway, what do you think?

Yep, I need some advice on this. My friend's Dad owns a dealership and they're offering me a deal on a 2003 Mustang (take note that this is an old time friend, I've even gone on vacation with his family). It's white, convertible, with 80,000 miles, automatic v6, and the Mach sound system with 6 disc-cd changer.

My old 96 Mustang is finally wanting to kick the bucket, but I have the cobra R rims to pimp the new one if I get it.

They're offering it (to me) for $7,500, which I think is a pretty good deal. I rarely travel long distances, and I've seen plenty of Mustangs surpass 200,000 miles.

So, do you think is a good deal? The offering price is well below suggested retail.

So long as there is no mechanical trouble with the car, it doesn't seem bad. I also highly recommend getting the carfax (assuming your friend's dad doesn't supply you with one in the first place) since it's always good to know the vehicles's history.

Hell yes, that's an awesome deal. Let me put that into perspective:

In August 2006, I paid $10,100 for a Scion xB RS 1.0, completely stock (though it had a zero-deductable warranty included). It's an automatic, 4 cylinder, 1.5 L, 80,000+ miles, and has a pioneer sound system with 6-disc CD changer. It's also not a convertible. It doesn't even have a sun roof. The reason I got it so cheap was because the owner was moving to Japan the next day and needed to get rid of the car before he left.

You'd have to be crazy or broke not to buy that car. That is, as long as there are no known mechanical problems with it.

Let me preface by saying that the price you are paying is truly a good deal on this particular four year old used car. With that in mind, some things you may want to take in to consideration.

There have been reports that the sealant for the paint on the car has problems. People have reported their paint peeling off after just a couple of years. Apparently, whatever Ford used as a sealant was sub-grade. However, this problem could be conditional to a given climate or temperature range of the place you live.

Also, there have been reports of something going bad with the ABS system on the car. This seems to have been less of a problem than the paint. However, the complaints that were given mentioned having to replace a component several times. It was mentioned that the component was manufactured by Bosch, so perhaps the same component of a different manufacturer will get rid of the problem altogether. On the flip side, the Mustang may not accept components from other manufacturers. In the end, either you will get a car with the problem, or you won't.

Just some things to take into consideration before making the purchase.

Right on, man. If I were you, I'd jump on that. Sounds like you're getting hooked up.

*cough* automatic mustang *cough*

Why would you want an automatic mustang. Mustangs should not be automatic

Why would you want a mustang in the first place?

mustangs suck so bad.

ford blows.

I won't even capitalize them. Just save your money on a better car. Perhaps the new Camaro or the new Challenger.

Or just buy an old real muscle car. Not the pathetic pancy ass mustang.

mustangs suck so bad.

ford blows.

I won't even capitalize them. Just save your money on a better car. Perhaps the new Camaro or the new Challenger.

You crap all over a shitty american car, and suggest in it's place...... even shittier american cars? riiiiiiiiiiiight. What are you, 13?

Anyways, I wouldn't do it. 80k is a lot of milage for a 2003, someone drove the hell out of that thing. I'd even go so far as saying it's overpriced considering it's an automatic V6. kelly blue book can lick my balls, all the suggested price does is give dealerships an excuse to bend you over. To put it into perspective, a few years ago my dad bought a '94 Suburban 1500, 4WD, 350 V8 automatic with the luxury package, just under 50k original miles, for $4500. That truck is amazing.

But then again, we are frugal bastards. If you're fine spending that much money on a car that won't last you more than two years, go for it.

Anyways, I wouldn't do it. 80k is a lot of milage for a 2003, someone drove the hell out of that thing. I'd even go so far as saying it's overpriced considering it's an automatic V6.

I have to agree there, 80,000 miles is a LOT of miles on not even a 4 year old vehicle. That is roughly 26,000 miles on it per year when the average driver puts on anywhere from 12,000 to 15,000 miles a year on a personal car. I have a 1990 Ranger 4WD, club cab, with just a little over 130,000 on it. It has been well taken care of. I have had to replace a few parts here and there when it hit 100,000 but it still looks and runs great. On that Mustang tho, I would be VERY leery about buying it. There is a reason that the dealership wants that car gone and is willing to cut such a "great deal" on it. I wouldn't be surprised in the first year that Mustang starts breaking down on you and kills your wallet in the process.

mustangs suck so bad.

ford blows.

I don't like Ford but the Mustang is, was, and will always be a great car.

mustangs suck so bad.

ford blows.

Hahaha... didn't you just PM me about changing your username?

That's soooooo not happening now.

ROFLS,

- djp

You crap all over a shitty american car, and suggest in it's place...... even shittier american cars? riiiiiiiiiiiight. What are you, 13?

Haha!

Shittier than the mustang.

Oh man that is so stupid I'm not even going there.

I don't like Ford.

That's all that matters.

Hahaha... didn't you just PM me about changing your username?

That's soooooo not happening now.

ROFLS,

- djp

Shit...tha's fucked.

xD

I only speak the truth djp.

Thanks a lot for your advice everyone. I'm going to take it for a good second drive, run it by my mechanic friend, and probably buy it. And to EdgeCrusher, lol: It is kinda a woman's car, especially since it's a convertible. My girlfriend will love it.