Your opinion on this car

Devyn

If you seriously think a Camaro, or especially a new Charger is any better than a Mustang... man have you got another thing coming. Good luck getting that Charger past 100k before it falls apart.

I agree with you on the Charger. But it was not the Charger I was talking about it. It was the new Challenger thats coming out. The Challenger is what the Charger should have looked like. Stupid 4 door Charger. And you better believe the new Camaro will be way better than the mustang. Shoot anything is better than a mustang.

Sa-weet. What years are they?

Nothing too special.. '82 Berlinetta, '87 Z28, and '91 RS. I'm probably gonna pick up a third generation one myself in the next couple years.

The Berlinetta has a 350 from an El Camino in it, very good condition for its age.. the Z28 is in the worst condition.. paint/body is bad in quite a few spots.. needs a tune up real bad. The RS is in the best condition.. almost flawless.

Oh yea and we have an '85 Firebird Trans Am, too.. heh.. we like muscle cars :P

The downsides:

I have a convertible '83 stang (with even less power than the similar 3.8 that's in your car). The convertible, being heavier, means that you're probably going to have even less giddyup than the coupe that you're probably used to. This, combined with the slightly troubling 80k miles on the car, means don't expect to be overly impressing anyone other than your girlfriend with the car's handling and suspension.

Also, what color is the top? White convertible tops are a straight up bitch to maintain, so get black if at all possible. You'll be glad in two years.

The upsides:

It's a Mustang. The chassis isn't exactly orgasmic, but the lines on the '03 are still nice. Parts are generally easy to find, and you can always check junkyards since they're so popular if you need minor stuff.

Also, it's a Mustang. Fun to drive around even if it doesn't have the behemoth 4.6, and with your "pimp" R rims, you'll be the envy of every Jerry and Jane on the block in no time!

Thanks a lot for your advice everyone. I'm going to take it for a good second drive, run it by my mechanic friend, and probably buy it. And to EdgeCrusher, lol: It is kinda a woman's car, especially since it's a convertible. My girlfriend will love it.

Haha, you'll be driving a "dick getter".

HA

I agree with you on the Charger. But it was not the Charger I was talking about it. It was the new Challenger thats coming out. The Challenger is what the Charger should have looked like. Stupid 4 door Charger. And you better believe the new Camaro will be way better than the mustang. Shoot anything is better than a mustang.

Right...even my brother who doesn't like Ford isn't so stupid to think so lowly of the Mustang. The Mustang is priced great for what you get, although it could use a little improvement with the brakes.

And really, of the 3 main American car manufacturers, I'd pick Ford over all of the others. The other 2 can't even make any car I'd find attractive enough to buy at the price range it retails for (i.e. Corvette for $50k+? I'd rather buy a luxury car at that price), while at least Ford does manufacture some solid cars at the lower price points.

I didn't read the whole thread, so this may have already been posted, but as far as I can tell this car would normally be almost 12 grand at a dealer.

Right...even my brother who doesn't like Ford isn't so stupid to think so lowly of the Mustang. The Mustang is priced great for what you get, although it could use a little improvement with the brakes.

And really, of the 3 main American car manufacturers, I'd pick Ford over all of the others. The other 2 can't even make any car I'd find attractive enough to buy at the price range it retails for (i.e. Corvette for $50k+? I'd rather buy a luxury car at that price), while at least Ford does manufacture some solid cars at the lower price points.

I have a decent respect for mustangs, with the one exception being the last model, which I don't like at all. Also, what luxury car would you get for $50-60,000? (sincerely curious) AFAIK, there aren't many cars in that price range that will outpace a 'Vette, if you're looking primarily at speed, but if you look at comfort I suppose there are at least a few nice cars you can get in that range. Or you could always get two Mustangs...

I have a decent respect for mustangs, with the one exception being the last model, which I don't like at all. Also, what luxury car would you get for $50-60,000? (sincerely curious) AFAIK, there aren't many cars in that price range that will outpace a 'Vette, if you're looking primarily at speed, but if you look at comfort I suppose there are at least a few nice cars you can get in that range. Or you could always get two Mustangs...

Yeah, the '06 model was ugly (I think it was that one)...but the previous ones were just fine.

As for cars around $50k-$60k? Take your pick. You can get a BMW for that price, and I'd rather pay for that than dump that much into a race car. It just doesn't make sense to spend that much on a Corvette.

The Corvette is an extremely satisfying car... I recently read a poll about the C6 Corvette (most recent) about the percentage of people that said they would buy the car again. It was #1 and that's not just excluded to sports cars. It's coupe price is $45k not $50k either. It has a large following and extensive history so Chevy knows people will buy it, and they do. For even more motivation, it's 4.1 0-60 time is quite tempting, and that's JUST the coupe. The Z06 goes 0-60 in 3.5 for $70k, that is around 1/3rd the price of most major cars with its performance stats. Hell, the 2007 Viper has an 8.4l engine with 600 hp, and it can only MATCH the the Vette in specs and it will probably cost around $90k.

It's always a matter of preference between luxury and sport, but regardless, a lot of people like the Corvette so obviously, it's price is very reasonable.

The Corvette is an extremely satisfying car... I recently read a poll about the C6 Corvette (most recent) about the percentage of people that said they would buy the car again. It was #1 and that's not just excluded to sports cars. It's coupe price is $45k not $50k either. It has a large following and extensive history so Chevy knows people will buy it, and they do. For even more motivation, it's 4.1 0-60 time is quite tempting, and that's JUST the coupe. The Z06 goes 0-60 in 3.5 for $70k, that is around 1/3rd the price of most major cars with its performance stats. Hell, the 2007 Viper has an 8.4l engine with 600 hp, and it can only MATCH the the Vette in specs and it will probably cost around $90k.

It's always a matter of preference between luxury and sport, but regardless, a lot of people like the Corvette so obviously, it's price is very reasonable.

Nicely put.

Oh I wasn't saying the price was unreasonable, as for the price as a sports car, the Corvette is a stellar in about every way - I was just referring to that when compared to other cars in general at that price, it's a bit much.

Yep, I need some advice on this. My friend's Dad owns a dealership and they're offering me a deal on a 2003 Mustang (take note that this is an old time friend, I've even gone on vacation with his family). It's white, convertible, with 80,000 miles, automatic v6, and the Mach sound system with 6 disc-cd changer.

My old 96 Mustang is finally wanting to kick the bucket, but I have the cobra R rims to pimp the new one if I get it.

They're offering it (to me) for $7,500, which I think is a pretty good deal. I rarely travel long distances, and I've seen plenty of Mustangs surpass 200,000 miles.

So, do you think is a good deal? The offering price is well below suggested retail.

Anyway, what do you think?

Did your old Mustang have a V6 or V8? If you have a v8, be prepared for a gutless engine. The 3.8 v6 is weaksauce, especially when paired with an auto tranny. If you have a v6 currently, you will get a noticeable power increase, around 50hp or so.

[quote name=''[\(-_-)/];259687']Did your old Mustang have a V6 or V8? If you have a v8' date=' be prepared for a gutless engine. The 3.8 v6 is weaksauce, especially when paired with an auto tranny. If you have a v6 currently, you will get a noticeable power increase, around 50hp or so.[/quote']

Yeah, the v6 isn't anything special. Of course, I'm concerned not at all about having a fast car - unless I want to pay off tickets like my V-8 owning friends. Honestly, a V-8 would be cool, but that's out of my range and not high on the priority list.

I do remember my little brother's 2002 GT with the independent rear supsension - That car really got up quick. Nice car.

Yeah, the v6 isn't anything special. Of course, I'm concerned not at all about having a fast car - unless I want to pay off tickets like my V-8 owning friends. Honestly, a V-8 would be cool, but that's out of my range and not high on the priority list.

I do remember my little brother's 2002 GT with the independent rear supsension - That car really got up quick. Nice car.

Yeah, its fine for everyday transportation don't get me wrong, but you will not find any speed there.

The IRS on the last generation was nice, but ford went back to a live axle on the newest models because of price. Honestly, I agree with that move. It takes several thousand off of the price, and there is an upgrade offered if you absolutely need it.