pixietricks selected for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

zircon

I pretty much registered mostly so I could congratulate Pixietricks on this--this is great news. You've been one of my favorite artists here since I first heard Journey's End; and, the Civilization series has been my favorite computer game series since I first played Civ I back in '95. So, when I saw this news posted on the CivFanatics frontpage, I nearly flipped.

I was already looking forward to Beyond the Sword coming out, now I'm just looking forward to it 10x more.

Say, are you able to give us any more information about the song? Is it going to be in English, another language, or a mix? (Civ4's opening was in Swahili, Civ4 Warlords' was in Arabic -- both are incredible) If you can't say anything yet, no big deal; I'll just have to wait 'til July.

Anyway, again, congratulations! KF

EDIT: If anyone's curious, Christopher Tin offers some samples on his website, including the opening "Baba Yetu" and "Coronation" from Civilization IV: http://www.christophertin.com/samples.html