pixietricks selected for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword

zircon

Since Blizzard doesn't make games anymore, that would be a severe waste of talent.

Not really. They're making expansions as of this moment, and have just finished releasing The Burning Crusade. However, they plan on a BlizzCon 2007, and thanks to rumors of new projects...one may never know.

Warcaft 4?

Starcraft 2?

Perhaps...even a new game entirely?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, just to follow up... The recording was today, and it went really well! The menu theme is really epic and war-like. Can't say much more than that, since I'm sure the music is to be kept a surprise.

Well, given that, the opening theme's certain to great! Only 1-2 months left 'til the release.

By the way, if anyone's curious, they have the box art for Civ IV BTS on the official site (http://www.civilization.com/ -- are those warmechs?). The box art definitely also contributes to that 'epic and war-like' feel.

I think at this point I don't want to know too much more about it; rather keep it a surprise. KF

Awesome.

When does the game come out?

A bit of an update... According to CivFanatics (www.civfanatics.com), GameSpot and EBGames have listed July 2nd as the date, and Amazon lists it as July 10th. Knowing GameSpot/EB's tendency to jump the gun sometimes, I'd wager it'll be closer to July 10th.

Also it seems that the box art for Civ4:BTS was taken off the main civilization site, and it's replaced with the generic red box. 2k games' site has a shot of a section of the cover, though, warmechs and all: http://www.2kgames.com/index.php?p=games&title=civbts

Well, new surprise... Michael Curran asked me to sing something, solo, in a Celtic style as well!

You mean something else for Civ4:BTS? Or, are we talking something entirely different?

Civ4:BTS will include Queen Boudica of the Celts... so if it's for Civ4 it could be related... KF

• 2 weeks later...

First off bump to the top

Second: If you people want to listen to the marvelous voice that will be gracing your PC speakers soon look up the chrono trigger project torrent on this sight. The song is called: To Far Away Times.

Pixie upon hearing this i have made plans to upgrade my graphics card and ram and sound card to make sure i can handle civ4 and its expansions I am in utter awe right now. We are in for a treat.

^_^

• 2 weeks later...