OCR00713 - Ninja Gaiden "Floor Master Ninja"

Ginnsu

You're right, Ginnsu. Ninja Gaiden has shown to provide a few mixes on here, but none that seem to totally have the flare of the game. Something about this genre and the samples don't quite fit this song from the game. Something with piano might've been more fitting, but I digress. It was an ok mix, but not much to say about it as it just doesn't really grab you.

This is strange enough... I never liked NG very much - there's always a bat, or an eagle, or an axe, ready to push you into an abyss!

But this remix rocks! I've downloaded many remixes from this page, and there aren't many I liked so much as this one!

• 3 weeks later...

All i can do is tear up when i hear this remix.It just screams for the attention of not only Ninja Gaiden fans everywhere,

but any gamer that can identify with the light hearted fun of 80"s side scrollers.I myself enjoyed every minute of this track...just as much as i enjoyed the game itself,which says alot for me.The track has'nt been mangled or manipulated to any extremes and keeps the original trance style intended by the riginal composer.Overall i give this remix a high rating.I give it **** four stars out of a possible 5 on my scale...though ryce beetz could even stray away even more from the original i bet it'll still be a hit,and i look forward to seeing more of beetz in the future...live long and stay true to generator....it really makes me want to get in there and try a mix out.I can almost see Ryu running and slashing his sword in that strange way he did...***sniffles*** :twisted:

I like. I like alot.

This is totally a very nicely done mix. This is the kind of thing you listen to, like, and contiue to like even if you listed to it looped for hours on end all by itself*. I haven't notived anything really "off" with this mix, yet, and I continue to enjoy it. Exellent mix from an exellent game. (ok, maybe it was horribly frustrating, but it's the thought that counts)

*fine fine, maybe it wasn't by itself. But it could have been!! :P

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

A little on the generic side, nothing really grabbed me about this mix. I think part of the issue is that all of the elements used have good background qualities, but nothing really jumps to the forefront. The bass rhythm is nice, and the scratches hare and there are cool, but the lead synth isn't strong enough, and the drums lack punch.

Great background music, but nothing i'd actively rock out to.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The lack of progression hurts this otherwise harmless take on Ninja Gaiden. I didn't mind it at all; the melody is worthy of looping a few times, and there are hints of some added oomph to the hooky parts with the percussion, but overall, there isn't much in this mix that I find especially interesting. However, it's the sort of thing that will never prove to be a chore for me to endure, which I guess is all you can hope for with something as straight forward as this.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've been quite a fan of this source tune since Vurez's take in 2005, so it'll be good to hear others' takes on it.

Though, considering it's a 2002 mix I can understand the sample quality. The percussion feels quite involved; the main beat might be stale, but the occasional claps, retro toms and scratches do help give it a little bit of life, and while the synths don't feel all that expressive the little panning work with the bell throughout was actually pretty neat and helped with the soundscape.

Otherwise, the structure follows too close to the source; the only thing that's been done with it is transposing it down a semitone and adding some additional pad/rhythm parts to it, so for some it's most likely to come off on the vanilla side.

Ninja Gaiden fans may get a good kick out of it at least; it's a pleasant listen, though on both fronts I'm feeling it's been showing its age.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00713 - Ninja Gaiden "Floor Master Ninja"