OCR01568 - Earthworm Jim "Acrophobia"

djpretzel

• 8 months later...

Parts of this remind me very strongly of Everlast's "What It's Like." When I first heard this song (via a large playlist shuffle of new stuff) I assumed it was a mashup, or something.

That said, this is *really* good work.

ETA: Right, ok, I see the artist has already said the Everlast thing. I are to be the smrt guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Pretty cool stuff, though some sections worked better than others. It went from sections that were really interesting and cool to some sections that just sort of felt like they were killing time. The stutters were rocking- that main section was sweet. Some of the piano seemed overly mechanical, but they weren't used a ton.

Overall some cool ideas, but i'm not sure the execution was all the way there.

Still worth a listen I think. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I heard this track once when it was new and then forgot about it for a while, but I've been really getting in to this mix lately. I've looped it a couple of times. Really neat things going on here, like that building string crescendo thing from 1:26-1:28 and the introduction of beat, then 8 bars later the cut up violin followed 8 bars later by the strings.

And a killer speed up at the end. Very nice choices in production here. :nicework:

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love how mellow this starts out, but the quick shift to something much more intense and dramatic is really the hook for me. I'm a sucker for glitch beats but I'm not used to hearing it applied to guitars and other elements of music like this, so thanks for introducing me to something new! :-)

While the arrangement isn't perfect and neither is the glitch technique, as Vig pointed out, I'm still very glad this got to the front page and I've had a ton of fun listening to it since it was put up! This feels very creative and has a great sound to it!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Very dark vibe in this song, I'm digging it.

The glitchy guitar effects are very funny to listen to. The building of this song from start to finish is good, my only complaints in this song are the cutoffs on the recording. In a few cases it would have sounded good to let the note finish out, but overall this is a great song and a very memorable one by my book. Will be on my playlist for a long time.

Oh yeah, and those buildups, especially at parts like 3:15, are epic.

• 2 years later...

It's an awesome mix. Seriously, I like the downbeat atmosphere here a lot. The glitchded guitar is probably what this makes this song so unique. It's a great idea, actually, and I've never heard something like this before. The crunchy percussion is very cool as well. Love the fast-paced section near the end. Sick stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01568 - Earthworm Jim "Acrophobia"
  • 10 months later...