*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Singing Mountain'

Saunders

MSN Conversation:

Saunders: and.. actually, did you ever try submitting it to OCR?

Dejin: Naw, I dont have the time to wait for it to do that. But you can submit it for me if you want :-)

Saunders: hmm.. well i suppose i could do that, i'm on the judges panel

Dejin: really??

Dejin: hmm...

Saunders: yup

So here's his mix, if you need the name and password for the address, it's at the top of the forum.

Also, he showed some interest in becoming a judge. Dave, if you have any interest in getting another judge in here we can discuss that further, but for now it's unimportant.

Hmm, no replies. Did I do bad?

If anyone's waiting for me to vote, I'd just like to note that I'm holding off on voting here. Basically because it's from a friend of mine, and I've liked the mix for a long time so I don't know how objective I could be (some people have told me that they didn't like the mix, I couldn't see what they were talking about) so I'm not gonna vote on this unless I'm needed to do a tiebreaking vote I guess.

*awaiting replies*

Nice quality instruments, and mixed very well. Typical techno beat, with a nice low, but not overpowering bass underneath. My only major gripe would be the repetitiveness, but the main theme is strong enough for the repetition to be ok.

It's not anything new or particularly original, but it is OCR quality.

YES.

NOTICE: THIS IS AN EDIT, I HAVE CHANGED MY VOTE

ditto everything Malcos said except I'd like to boldy reiterate, underline, and italicize the repetitiveness. No.

sidenote:

Huh huh, huh huh huh. Post #420...huh huh huh huh huh [/dumbassedness]

Edit: why did I change my vote? Well, I just said "no" to Psychrophyte for the exact same reasons. It's good, but it's too "the same" through it its 4:11 time span.

This is very well produce sound-wise, but the arrangement really doesn't work. You need to add a lot more variation so people don't go crazy listening to the same theme over and over. I would change up the instruments, especially the lead and the drums. Once you get it so it doesn't drive me crazy with repetativeness, though, everything here is high enough quality to warrent a yes. Until then....

No

Wait, I found it. Under the OLD directory.

Yay for mislabeling... *makes note to self to buy a nuclear warhead for BC, Canada when he gets the chance*

I'm streaming this from your computer Rob. How does that make you feel? Do you feel used? ...

I think I heard this and put it off because I was like "meh" the last time I heard it. I honestly think it would have sounded better without the drums. While I advocate the use of orchestral instruments and drums, this sounds a bit too much like a midi from one of those greeting card places with the exception that it's on the judges forum. Ok, but what's worse is the orchestral part really doesn't change. It's the same thing... over and over again, and I swear at half way through the song it just starts over and the drums do that roll again and it goes on from there. Yeah it's just incredibly repetitive with no variation as far as the eye can see (and the ear can hear). Ok, yeah that alone sinks it. sorry.

NO

DC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...