Virginia Tech Shooting

!Nekko!

How tragic...

And the school didn't do anything after the first shooting happened, which led to even more death...

A truly dark day. My heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones today...

I understand how it is to lose someone you held so close to your heart and one you considered your love and "one and only", but that is no reason to go murder innocent people....why...pain that great could never motivate me to kill...

This is just too much...

I found the dumb questions the CNN reporter asked to the girl much more annoying. She basically kept asking till the girl started crying and then the reporter was like "I can hear this is hard on you..."

T__T No shit, Einstein!

Anyway, I feel really sad about what happened. I'm not shocked per se, and I don't mean that in disrespect, but I feel more like uttering a deep sigh and wonder what the hell is wrong with people...

I mean, it keeps happening, and so many other terrible things keep happening (even in my silly little country). Negative things are "hot" these days...

Are kids so lost these days? Or was it just another "insane" person?

I just hope everyone is safe and I wish the people who are left behind much strength to deal with this.

Concerning letting students go to classes after the first shooting, all I can say is that the police likely thought it was an isolated incident, since it occurred at around 7AM and the shooting at Norris didn't happen until over 2 hours later. I'm sure they considered canceling classes, but since at the time they didn't think there would be a rampage, they decided against it.

Still not the best choice in hindsight, but given the circumstances, I can see the reasoning.

There might be a specific incident that triggered the psychotic behavior but the actions he took, the things he did, to me proves some serious ongoing and underlying issues. That kinda of sadistic behavior doesn't brood into someone overnight, or even over a couple of weeks. This is in many ways stating the obvious. My point is just that even if he was having problem with his girlfriend it was only the catalyst, not the fuel.

Tragic in any case though.

This

Oh my god... FOX is interviewing Jack Thompson about this! Of all people, HIM! And of course, he immediately spotlights "violent media." Is it right for me to start getting highly insulted by this and want to throttle the guy? I'm not saying that it shouldn't be taken into account, but damnit! Immediately jumping to conclusions about this tragedy is just wrong!

and this

I found the dumb questions the CNN reporter asked to the girl much more annoying. She basically kept asking till the girl started crying and then the reporter was like "I can hear this is hard on you..."

are two of the main reasons I hate modern news media. They do EVERYTHING for the ratings. They interview Jack T, one of the most retarded people on earth and a expert on absolutely nothing related to this because they know people will watch him. They are already taking advantage of the tragedy for entertainment.

CNN did the same thing. They could have interviewed a cop at the scene or something, but intead they choose to interview a obviously traumitized girl. She was obviously not ready to be interviewed. And for what reason? People like to see that. They like to say "Look at that poor girl and how she is crying too bad for her.'

Makes me utterly sick.

what the FUCK does Jack Thompson have to do with anything, and why the fuck are they interviewing him? I have friends at Virginia Tech, how about we fucking interview someone that's not a self-serving jackoff?! Words cannot describe how pissed I am at Fox for grabbing the interview he almost certainly offered to give. His vast knowledge of the subject will fucking clarify everything, I'm sure.

[quote name=''[\(-_-)/];259632']

CNN did the same thing. They could have interviewed a cop at the scene or something' date=' but intead they choose to interview a obviously traumitized girl. She was obviously not ready to be interviewed. And for what reason? People like to see that. They like to say "Look at that poor girl and how she is crying too bad for her.'

Makes me utterly sick.[/quote']

Exactly my point. I understand that journalists have to remain objective but a little empathy wouldn't hurt them.

Also, calling it "the most tragic shooting in US history" with a straight face, covered in make up, doesn't make it very convincing.

Their job must suck u_u.

This is horrible!! I understand that humans can get distraught after something like a break-up. But to kill over it? That's just lunacy! Also, who's bright idea was it to interview Jack Thompson? He's gonna bring issues that are not related to this massacare. Whenever I hear Jack's name my blood starts boiling.

Exactly my point. I understand that journalists have to remain objective but a little empathy wouldn't hurt them.

Also, calling it "the most tragic shooting in US history" with a straight face, covered in make up, doesn't make it very convincing.

Their job must suck u_u.

i was watching CNN through my breakfast (we ditched class today), and it just seemed awkward how they reported it. I couldn't hear them, closed captioning, but they were saying things like "we're having such a tough time etc etc reporting this story etc etc we don't know what would it have been like if we were actually there"

It's obvious - you'd still be reporters.

CNN is full of lamers.

In other news, the first thing I thought about was any OCR peeps that might be at Va Tech. Can we get a list going of who we know goes there?

I have highschool friends and a best friend at that school. I feel so distressed and I hope the families can quickly find at least some shred of peace. To take the lives of defenseless, young people... I can't even fathom it, nor do I want to try.

Virginia Tech has had a bad year: with a shooting on the first day of classes, two different bomb threats last week, and now this. This may be soon to ask, but how is this gonna affect future enrollment as well as safety measures?

I have highschool friends and a best friend at that school. I feel so distressed and I hope the families can quickly find at least some shred of peace. To take the lives of defenseless, young people... I can't even fathom it, nor do I want to try.

Virginia Tech has had a bad year: with a shooting on the first day of classes, two different bomb threats last week, and now this. This may be soon to ask, but how is this gonna affect future enrollment as well as safety measures?

Va Tech is a big school with a LOT of students - I don't see a lot of people that weren't victims leaving school because they don't think that VT is safe anymore (maybe because they're traumatized). This could have happened just about anywhere - any school, any college, any office, anywhere. To try and up security measures would be mostly useless and expensive. Not to be cold and talk about economics here, but they WOULD be forcing people out through tuition increases if they spent a lot of money on guards and security.

This will likely effect enrollment numbers for 2007, but there are still going to be people scholarshipped and intent on going to VT that will still go.

Again, this could have easily happened anywhere.

Va Tech is a big school with a LOT of students - I don't see a lot of people that weren't victims leaving school because they don't think that VT is safe anymore (maybe because they're traumatized). This could have happened just about anywhere - any school, any college, any office, anywhere. To try and up security measures would be mostly useless and expensive. Not to be cold and talk about economics here, but they WOULD be forcing people out through tuition increases if they spent a lot of money on guards and security.

This will likely effect enrollment numbers for 2007, but there are still going to be people scholarshipped and intent on going to VT that will still go.

Again, this could have easily happened anywhere.

In that sense, his action is almost like that of a terrorist.

The increase in airport security hasn't done much good to people either. And it's not likely for these kinds of things to happen again at the same place anytime soon anyway.

Maybe we're making things too difficult for ourselves trying to "increase our defences" everytime something bad happens.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes out of this.

So has the president made his speech on the matter yet?

What a sad day. Best wishes to everyone who's affected by this.

On a side note, Jack Thompson can eat a dick. If he and his sort actually wanted to change anything, they could try donating to campus/youth counseling services, for starters. But soundbites and suing are the American™ Way.

The more I think about this...the more I feel so sick to my stomach.

I am seriously becoming emotionally distraught by this.

I suppose it is because the motive hits close to home. He did this *supposedly* because of problems with a female that he had relations with. It makes me think about how my ex fiancee left me and how I felt afterwards, and still feel from it. I understand that emotional pain can be such a strong driving force to create negativity, but it never warrents murder...

I guess...I am thinking about what if I was the one that did this. Considering his actions, I had perfect motivation for it as well.

Love is such a painful thing sometimes...I felt *and still feel* so much emotional pain from having my fiancee leave me...this action that just took place makes me scared of myself...

The more I think about this...the more I feel so sick to my stomach.

I am seriously becoming emotionally distraught by this.

I suppose it is because the motive hits close to home. He did this *supposedly* because of problems with a female that he had relations with. It makes me think about how my ex fiancee left me and how I felt afterwards, and still feel from it. I understand that emotional pain can be such a strong driving force to create negativity, but it never warrents murder...

I guess...I am thinking about what if I was the one that did this. Considering his actions, I had perfect motivation for it as well.

Love is such a painful thing sometimes...I felt *and still feel* so much emotional pain from having my fiancee leave me...this action that just took place makes me scared of myself...

I'm sorry to hear that man.

I remember thinking about wanting to end life myself when school and life went horribly wrong and I had this crush that couldn't return my "love".

I was much less mature than I am today but I'm glad I didn't have that extra thing that actually makes people do it (end life).

T'is a confusing age (to be at and to live in).

Still, if the person had any rational thoughts left he wouldn't have killed these people...It couldn't have just been the girl issue.

Is that speculation btw or has that been made official yet? Hmm, though thinking about it, we may never know....

Is that speculation btw or has that been made official yet? Hmm, though thinking about it, we may never know....

It's the prevalent theory going around campus right now. Rumor has it that the two people killed in West AJ were his ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend, but there's no way to confirm or deny that right now. So if that's the case, one has to wonder why he waited almost three hours before going on that rampage in Norris, what with no ex-girlfriend or her boyfriend to go after anymore.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for any news from around campus, since there hasn't been anything new released to the media for hours now.