Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

Alright so I figure there are plenty of people around these parts that play this, so we might as well have some discussion about it (although I don't know exactly how much there is to discuss). Basically I guess this thread can be used to discuss DDR/SM/ITG(which only fgts like the BIGFOOTED dude play)/and other bemani stuff.

So I might as well ask a few things. FIRST OFF, do you people (presuming you have played it) find Max.(period) difficult? I wouldn't know since even though I have an import Extreme I have all broked pads.

Also how much do you people pay at arcades? I pay $1 (used to be joint premium but it aint no more D:).

Oh I guess is this has SM stuff in it we can share some good SM files or even make some! I'll make one of DarkeSword's Sakura no Kenshi one of these days because it is just BEGGING for its own SM file.

once again this thread is basically just saying HEY BIGFOOT YOU CANT HIDE GET OVER HERE

I would play Supernova more if it wasn't so bad. I think that's why they're already making Supernova 2. Even after the update CD that was supposed to sync the songs, a lot of them still feel off. Marvelous attacking on Extreme and Supernova is like two totally different things.. heh.

I should have been more clear.

I HATE SuperNOVA! The syncing is freaking terrible and I hate the songlist. I hate the return of annoying characters and the generic background animations.

I love extreme lots though.

I'd play ITG before SuperNOVA

I live the home of Bemani. But I gotta say that when it comes to Rhythm Based Dance game its all about Pump It Up. The thought of five buttons vs. four made my rhythm based blood tingle. Since my Pump days however my sights have been set on DrumMania and Guitar Freaks. (Its freakin cool to have 3 friends all playin at once.)

ITG = In the Groove. It's essentially a version of DDR published by an American company. It paid to get some songs that were on some previous DDR mixes which is probably my only motivation to play it. However, ITG is significantly harder than DDR. An 8 or 7 on ITG is about a 9 or 10 footer on DDR. The difficulty goes up to 15, if I remember correctly, not 10. I find that the game just revolves around the difficulty. BPM is pushed up, and there are times you have to press three or even all four arrows at the same time. Practically speaking, I wouldn't want to play it because I might hurt myself just playing a game. That's not something I really want to think about when I'm playing a game just to have fun.

As for DDR, I really liked Extreme. Supernova isn't quite bad but neither is it good either. There are some songs that make it worthwhile to play like Doll by Terra. Other than a few songs here and there, Extreme was a more solid songlist with a lot more enjoyable songs. On any given day, I can pass most 7 or 8 foot songs. I've never really passed anything higher without a stroke of luck. The last time I did play Max before, it was after not playing it for a long while and since I can't really pass 9 or 10s in the first place, I failed. Those are the only real songs I play while holding the bar.

Cost? Same as Atmuh I guess. 1 dollar for 3 songs, which sucks terribly. Before at my local arcade, they had 1 dollar for 5 songs for Extreme, but replaced it with Supernova so it's more expensive. I can spend that same dollar at Chinatown Fair and play Extreme but still for only 3 songs. I just don't want to pay the higher price from a dollar for 5 songs...

Favorites, anyone? (I'm keeping this to a minimum because there are a lot songs in general.)

Ever Snow

Freckles

Ghosts

Silent Hill (remix)

Sakura

Mahou no Tobira (Magic Door)

Petite Love

Tears

Tsugara

Dam Dariram

B4U

Brilliant2U

Shock (3rd Mix version 2 Korean)

Heh, I play StepMania .. on my keyboard >_<

I'm good enough to sightread a lot of 8-footers but that's about it. Most heavys and challenges kick my ass.

Have a lot of OC Remixes got StepMania patterns? Where do you go for your songs?

I'll have to say the best Bemani game is Pop'n Music.

YES. Doubly so for me because foot-problems-requiring-surgery prevent me from playing DDR(or Pydance because I'm a cheap bastard).

I get to play it once a year at Magfest. And usually literally only once, because after that people who are actually good at the game come and want to play, and then they don't stop playing. Ever.

Also, you have big feet.

Lets see, I have been playing for about a year and a half now, and I have played all of ddrmax 1,2 ddrextreme1 and half of 2. I can do about 90% of the songs on heavy without cheating.

It's good exercise. and it helps me as an agility workout for tennis. And it's fun, even if you do look a little wierd while doing it.

If AAs just came from full comboing stuff I'd be able to AA like EVERYTHING like so deep and cant stop fallin in love speed mix and healing vision angelic mix and higher (stealth) but I get a zillion greats so I just get freakin As

If AAs just came from full comboing stuff I'd be able to AA like EVERYTHING like so deep and cant stop fallin in love speed mix and healing vision angelic mix and higher (stealth) but I get a zillion greats so I just get freakin As

5th mix had that grading style. Even if you got 0 perfects and all greats, as long as you full combo'd the song it would give you a AA.

Also, ITG's difficulty goes up to 13.

I'll try to get more videos of myself playing, preferrably stuff from Extreme because I really miss that mix :P

Also, here's my Pop'n Music controller, haha. That was before it was shipped to me.

bigfoot0nc.jpg

Favorites, anyone? (I'm keeping this to a minimum because there are a lot songs in general.)

Ever Snow

Freckles

Ghosts

Silent Hill (remix)

Sakura

Mahou no Tobira (Magic Door)

Petite Love

Tears

Tsugara

Dam Dariram

B4U

Brilliant2U

Shock (3rd Mix version 2 Korean)

Heh, my favorites would have to be:

B4U

Dream a Dream (the only song I can pass on Heavy)(DDRMax2)

Burning heat (DDRMax2)

Xenon

Hmmm, I can't think of any more

Oh, btw, save for B4U the rest are on the console version of Max 2 <_< >_> I only play at the arcade when friends are around

Oh, you kiddies. I remember my first S. That's right, even before there was AA, there was S. Good times. Full comboing doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything. It's just greats and above. It'll get you at least a B. Back in my day, we used to try to get Full Goods... which is a lot harder than it sounds because the time interval to get a good is actually shorter than getting a perfect. It doesn't yield a good grade of course, but you just have to appreciate it. I'm kind of leaning towards becoming more freestyle than technical though. Then again, I do need to get into shape, so playing harder songs wouldn't hurt either.

Oh yeah, Atmuh, you look funny when you play DDR. It's almost as if you're going to fall off of the pads at any moment. But you're definitely hitting the arrows right.

Oh, you kiddies. I remember my first S. That's right, even before there was AA, there was S. Good times. Full comboing doesn't necessarily guarantee you anything. It's just greats and above. It'll get you at least a B. Back in my day, we used to try to get Full Goods... which is a lot harder than it sounds because the time interval to get a good is actually shorter than getting a perfect. It doesn't yield a good grade of course, but you just have to appreciate it. I'm kind of leaning towards becoming more freestyle than technical though. Then again, I do need to get into shape, so playing harder songs wouldn't hurt either.

Oh yeah, Atmuh, you look funny when you play DDR. It's almost as if you're going to fall off of the pads at any moment. But you're definitely hitting the arrows right.

Heh, S grade... good times. The first arcade mix I played on was 4th mix(first started at home on a 2nd mix). 4th had no speed mods, so it makes you wonder how the game would be today if they never introduced speed mods.

If I were you, I'd lean toward technical. Freestyling was cool 3-4 years ago.