Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

That means that your gap is perfect but your BPM is off.

Well, would someone mind setting the GAP and BPM for a song for me, please? Just one song that I can't seem to get. I'll wait for a yes or no before I stick the song in a file.

Well, would someone mind setting the GAP and BPM for a song for me, please? Just one song that I can't seem to get. I'll wait for a yes or no before I stick the song in a file.

I'd do it for you, but you'll have to wait a while after getting it to me, I'm kinda busy with school right now.

TO those who said the syncing is bad in Supernova:

This is why the game lets you adjust the sync to the steps. If you adjust it (I think it's -2 in supernova's case), then it's actually decent to play the game at home. I adjusted it right when I got the game (which was when it was released), so I couldn't tell you what the number was. You'll know when it's right when you watch the arrows anyway.

I actually like Supernova. Mostly because you get 5 official Boss Songs as well as another 10 foot chart on Xepher. So that's 6 10 foot songs, and all the boss songs have a challenge chart this time around. This will keep the hardcore players happy, because the challenge charts on some of these 10 foot songs are a real pain. Fascination MaxX on challenge is insane. Matter of fact, the only one I've managed to beat on challenge is Chaos. All others I could only beat on Heavy.

Also, Supernova was not the only home version to have bad syncing. I had to adjust the syncing in Extreme 2, Max 2, and I think Max. I think Extreme (US), was the only one I didn't have to adjust the syncing to.

I guess I'm a hardcore DDR player, seeing as I built my own pad just to be able to play it. I got fed up with the crappy pads and prices of the good ones. SO I went and built a doubles pad. IT hasn't failed me since, and I've used it for more than a year now. I can beat 10s, so that should give you an idea of how I do at the game. I can't AA 10s just yet, but I can AA anything below a 10 if it's not something insane like Healing Vision Angelic Mix .

IMO the PS2 DDR games from best to worst are as follows:

Max 2, Extreme 2, Supernova, Extreme, Max

But don't get offended, because I play them all. I'm just more likely to want to play the ones to the left, than I am for the ones on the right.

Also, you know you are a hardcore player when you've played BAG.

So there you have it.. My thoughts on DDR. (Hmm, I should make a sig about that).

Are there many OCRemixes with stepfiles for StepMania available?

If you go to anime dreamer and download the DDR Videogames mixes, there are plenty of OCR tracks with stepfiles made for them. Lots of DJ P's stuff is covered and there are some songs from Rayza as well.

Oh, and Trash Man, major props for making your own DDR mat. I've played on a pair of homemade pads before and it's great fun. It's a project I'd like to try myslef someday. I need to focus on making my arcade stick first, though.

If you go to anime dreamer and download the DDR Videogames mixes, there are plenty of OCR tracks with stepfiles made for them. Lots of DJ P's stuff is covered and there are some songs from Rayza as well.
I've played about 5 mixes worth of those. There are like 4 Bloody Tears remixes in there and they all have terrible steps (not syncing, etc). There are some gems in there though, But I've played em all to hell and back and am looking for other sources ;)

I've played about 5 mixes worth of those. There are like 4 Bloody Tears remixes in there and they all have terrible steps (not syncing, etc). There are some gems in there though, But I've played em all to hell and back and am looking for other sources ;)

You speak the truth about all of those damn Castlevania songs, but I love the Bubble bobble and Dan's theme remixes (even though the latter is not an OCRemix)

Edit: OMG YOU GUYZ! I beat Holy Orders !!!1111 I'm so happy right now.

I modded the heck out of it (speed mods/ I didn't take out any steps or anytihng, but I modded it nontheless), so Atma, feel free to rain on my parade. Actually, anyone can critize me right now because I'm in such a good mood. Bigfoot, I'd never even seen a 14 foot song befor so, that's why I'm so pumped that I finally beat it. Thanks a bunch for showing me that song. It's legendary.

screen00002lr9.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking at the steps (at work...no audio), if it wasn't in the shitty FFR format, it probably would be a decently hard song for fingers...I'm pretty sure I lack the physical stamina to do a song like that on feet because I'm currently out of shape, but for a keyboard that isn't too bad.

Oh, and Trash Man, major props for making your own DDR mat. I've played on a pair of homemade pads before and it's great fun. It's a project I'd like to try myslef someday. I need to focus on making my arcade stick first, though.

You should consider making one man. Really, if you have the will to do it, it's worth it. If I never made my pad, I wouldn't be able to play the songs at the levels I play, because the soft pads are too crappy and the only decent hard pad is a Cobalt Flux and the price is too insane. I built my doubles pad for about 250 dollars. I know it could be done for much less, especially if you were only making a singles pad. My pad cost so much due to the fact that I made it as thick as the arcade pad, so that it would never even flinch from the constant harassment of 10 footers.

I've made simfiles of my music. But, I only do it for feet, and most of them suck (including the song as well as the steps). I personally don't like finger stepfiles. They are usually too fast to be any fun. I got maybe 3 songs that would be half ass.. But then again, one cannot really judge their own work, so blah.

Also, FFR sucks, it's too glitchy. You are better of downloading it and using Stepmania instead.

Just looking at the steps (at work...no audio), if it wasn't in the shitty FFR format, it probably would be a decently hard song for fingers...I'm pretty sure I lack the physical stamina to do a song like that on feet because I'm currently out of shape, but for a keyboard that isn't too bad.

I didn't mean to keep it at FFR, but to download it and use it for StepMania. I personally can't do crap at FFR myself...

You should consider making one man. Really, if you have the will to do it, it's worth it. If I never made my pad, I wouldn't be able to play the songs at the levels I play, because the soft pads are too crappy and the only decent hard pad is a Cobalt Flux and the price is too insane. I built my doubles pad for about 250 dollars. I know it could be done for much less, especially if you were only making a singles pad. My pad cost so much due to the fact that I made it as thick as the arcade pad, so that it would never even flinch from the constant harassment of 10 footers.

Any tips for the project? What's yours made out of?

Any tips for the project? What's yours made out of?

Most homemade pads I've seen (including the first one I made) are made mostly from plywood. It gets the job done, but I used a different material for my 2nd pad. I don't know what it's called, but it's more or less the same material as pegboard, but it's thicker (3/4") and there's no holes in it. It resists warping, it's easy to work with, and it's cheaper than plywood (4' x 8' piece goes for $20 at Home Depot). Other materials include sheet metal (26-gauge), high-impact plexy glass (1/4" thick), steel corner braces (16), a lot of screws, wooden beams for the frame, strong glue, hook-up wire (found at Radio Shack), electrical tape, etc, depending on how you build your pad, and the cost for a single pad ranges between $100 - $150, give or take.

There's different methods to follow when building your pad. I'd recommend Riptide's design. It's easy to build, and the spaces where the buttons go leave enough space to add lights to your pad if you want the buttons to light up like the ones in the arcades (tutorial). One more thing...DO NOT USE DDRHOMEPAD'S DESIGN! (i.e. this one) I can't stress that enough. It's sure to give you migraines and there's a good chance it'll appear crooked or simply end in failure. I used that method with my first pad, and every time something went wrong I had to flip the damn thing over and unscrew the base to see what the problem was. Plus, I really had to stomp on the buttons to get them to recognize my steps; it just doesn't work the way it should.

I used Riptide's design for my 2nd pad, which I've almost finished. Here's how it looks so far (sorry for the blurriness).

Picture4.jpg

I just need to put in the wires and the arrow graphics and it's done, but I'm having trouble with the former. At first I used screws and the buttons worked, but they weren't responsive enough. I then tried arranging the wires similar to how the buttons in a controller work, but then they became too sensitive. Any sure-fire way to make the buttons work properly would be greatly appreciated because I'm running out of wire. :/

Also, what would be a good means of cushioning the buttons? Don't say weather stripping because that stuff wears out too quickly. In fact, every cushion I've used so far wears out too quickly. Suggestions?