Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

I know. There's no ITG machines near me, though, so I have to make do with StepMmania 4. That said, on a soft pad with Judge/Life 4, I have passed a few 11s (and a 12, if it wasn't for the mine-heavy section during Go*60*Go...)

Isn't it hard to play on PC with the pad? I have tried it and it won't work for me.

I have the latest model of Blueshark pads, and I play ITG on home version. Blueshark pads are badass.

Plenty of people play DDR for exercise, and it's a pretty good source of exercise. I don't regret the time I've wasted playing this game. I've met many, many new friends by going to tournaments in many states. To say people who play this to master it have no life isn't necessarily true. Some people are just naturally really good at the game.

WTF is this thread? It's a thread about a game just like many other threads.

Plenty of people play DDR for exercise, and it's a pretty good source of exercise. I don't regret the time I've wasted playing this game. I've met many, many new friends by going to tournaments in many states. To say people who play this to master it have no life isn't necessarily true. Some people are just naturally really good at the game.

WTF is this thread? It's a thread about a game just like many other threads.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences with DDR, and maybe it's just the area that I lived in but I played it for roughly three years and all the people I met doing it basically lived at the arcade and had no other social interaction at all. DDR isn't bad, I just hate people that take it way too seriously.

Also, judging from the last couple of pages in this thread, I would have easily mistaken it for GameFAQs if it was a text-only version.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences with DDR, and maybe it's just the area that I lived in but I played it for roughly three years and all the people I met doing it basically lived at the arcade and had no other social interaction at all. DDR isn't bad, I just hate people that take it way too seriously.

Also, judging from the last couple of pages in this thread, I would have easily mistaken it for GameFAQs if it was a text-only version.

On the flip-side, I've probably spent close to or over 80 hours over the past couple years playing Guitar Hero with an assortment of friends alone, and maybe a grand total of 8-10 playing by myself. Maybe I'm a unique case here but I can't say I don't hang out with friends, it just happened that any time we were at my place all we felt like doing in the past was Guitar Hero, to the point where me, two friends and my brother would spend every second weekend playing it for 6 hours. I always feel terribly nerdy knowing I can finish every song in the game on expert but realize more optimistically that the entire time I was with spending it with people that I probably would've been hanging out with at some random place sitting around doing nothing. That, and my left hand's finger endurance has doubled.

And I know Guitar Hero is completely different from DDR, but it's the kind of game where mastery just seems stupid until you start getting better not by striving to do it, but just through the competitive nature of being with other people.

DDR is, for me, primarily an aerobic exercise machine. In 2006, I lost 18lbs playing Mario DDR and mildly dieting, which took me from 187-169. I actually am considering buying it for the Wii for that very same purpose (I've since gained about 10 lbs back).

I am not, however, obsessive like many other people are when it comes to this game. There are people out there (you know who you are!!!) who do nothing but play this game all day, every day. While I don't completely criticize that behavior, I agree with Necrotic that those who take it too seriously (it isn't a game; it's life) are annoying.