Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

Nice man!

The nearest ITG 2 cab is about 45 minutes away from where I live. I do, however, have a PC arcade metal pad for home version though. I play a lot at home and a lot at the arcade. It is convenient because it is about 3 minutes away from where I go to college, so I go there every day after school.

Yay, I have over 100 AAA's now.

Well I beat Paranoia Survivor today in my room.

Yeah, the non-max version.

And I didn't get a triple A,

but still,

I beat it.

Also, playing stepmania on my roomates 720p tv/monitor is quite enjoyable. It has built in speakers with dolby surround sound, so I just plug my laptop into it and then plug my pad into my laptop and start playing. I actually prefer this to the arcade which is about a 5 minute walk from my dorm.

The only arcade around me closed up shop pretty recently. I used to go play DDR at least once a week. It was 75 cents at that arcade....They had Max, which I loved, on 2 machines. One machine worked great, and the other didn't register steps very well. Well, they upgraded to Supernova, and got rid of the good machine anyway, so...it wasn't too good.

Only other place to go is a truck stop nearby, and that's usually populated by people who beat Max 300 with invisible arrows and perfect scores...

I have noticed that Stepmania on pad is so much different than the Arcade. The timing is different. Still, I practice at home to keep at it. It doesn't mess up my arcade scores at all though; in fact, it improves them.

That's probably true for various reasons. The best you can do to emulate the arcade more closely is to get an arcade pad and slim down your timing window in the arcade settings tab under "options." And, I think you said that you already have an arcade style pad, so yeah, not too much left to do. In theory, if the simfiles are synchronized correctly and your timing window is close to your arcade's it should feel the same.

You can change the timings in StepMania, you know. It's in the stepmania.ini file.

Here's the settings for In The Groove (just paste over the corresponding lines):

JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.130000

JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.180000

JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.135000

JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.102000

JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.021500

JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.070000

JudgeWindowSecondsOK=0.320000

JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.043000

JudgeWindowSecondsRoll=0.350000

You can change the timings in StepMania, you know. It's in the stepmania.ini file.

Here's the settings for In The Groove (just paste over the corresponding lines):

JudgeWindowSecondsAttack=0.130000

JudgeWindowSecondsBoo=0.180000

JudgeWindowSecondsGood=0.135000

JudgeWindowSecondsGreat=0.102000

JudgeWindowSecondsMarvelous=0.021500

JudgeWindowSecondsMine=0.070000

JudgeWindowSecondsOK=0.320000

JudgeWindowSecondsPerfect=0.043000

JudgeWindowSecondsRoll=0.350000

Thanks a lot man.