Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

• 1 year later...

HELLO TO THIS THREAD AGAIN

ok so im hoping SOMEONE from here knows something about arcade machines

this summer i wanna redo my garage and get a full blown ddr (NOT ITG BECAUSE THATS AWFUL) machine for it

im wondering if itd be better to get an 8th mix (the one i really want) machine or to get an older one and install custom whatever (i guess stepmania) onto it so i could put whatever songs i want on

i dont really wanna go that route but id be curious to know how much money i could save if i did

or i could go completely nuts and get an x machine i suppose

well thats like $1000 less than channelbeat which is kinda nice

im kinda annoyed that i didnt read this until today

not only are they selling extreme but also my FAVORITE arcade game ever made, wacky gators

if you dont know what that is

WACKY%20GATORS.JPG

oh lol you edited in channelbeat at the end

I was gonna say...get an ITG2 dedicab. So much better, plus you can play awesome marathons (like Windeu's insomnia) and it's easy to hack and add all the songs you want to. Plus it looks better, has a better refresh rate, and is widescreen. Plenty more mod options. But I'm sure you know this already.

Only if you bring it to MAGFest. :3

sure help me carry it i hope itll fit in the trunk of your car!!!!

honestly.. if you could it would be way more worth it to get an itg2 dedicab (though Im pretty sure that is very unlikely), as it is basically just Stepmania already and adding ALL the ddr games would be easy (plus lots of other customs), but if not, then get Extreme, or 5th mix.. 5th mix was the shiznit

not only is an itg2 debicab a LOT more money but its also itg and i dont care if i can load my songs on it or whatever i HATE itg

if i wanted to go that route id get like a 3rd mix and install sm but one thing i cant stand with sm is you dont get the original background videos and i really like those

I was gonna say...get an ITG2 dedicab. So much better, plus you can play awesome marathons (like Windeu's insomnia) and it's easy to hack and add all the songs you want to. Plus it looks better, has a better refresh rate, and is widescreen. Plenty more mod options. But I'm sure you know this already.

if i wanted to get a machine that looked super nice id get a ddr x machine because man that thing is pretty

DDR-X.jpg

From what I've heard, US DDR X Arcade Machines are terrible. The pads don't even look like the ones pictured above. I wish I could play on one with fixed pads to give a better opinion.

If anything, just get an Extreme machine and change it to whatever mix.

Or you can get an ITG2 Dedicab and hack it like everyone else does. :P

Bigfoot has .... well put his foot down. Just get an itg cab and mod it, Atmuh.

If you really want the original ddr extreme vids, I'm sure there's a way to find them and put them into stepmania

as far as i know there isnt

and no i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE itg also cant even find where id buy one

btw this is how my garage is gonna look after i redo EVERYTHING (the 7th mix was the only premade model in sketchup i could find)

67909654.png

Well, atmuh, the only advice I can give is to find yourself an old broken arcade machine and mod it...since you hate ITG(don't worry, I do too!) then get yourself a machine...replace the monitor with a computer monitor, that's pretty easy...and then add stepmania. And whichever songs you like...

Also, it is possible to get the MAX-EXTREME2 vids on Stepmania, you have to download the graphics pack and build them yourself...which can be quite tedious.

Good luck...if I could afford a DDR machine, I'd have an Extreme JP in no time...

and if you need any help with that...or want a really good selection of songs from all the American DDR releases...just lemme know!