Dance Dance Revolution

atmuh

I prefer ITG to DDR... perhaps it's the harder difficulty level? I love a challenge. But as far as ITG goes, the music IMO is, for the most part, better (aside from Reven-G and DM Ashura works)

ITG/ITG2 favs:

1.) Energizer

2.) Monolith

3.) !

4.) Tension

5.) Tribal Style

My personal preference is Pump It Up. To me the steps seem more thought out as opposed to the mindless stepping of DDR or ITG.

I prefer ITG2 simply because of the fact I can play whatever stepfiles are out there. It really adds a lot to the game when you have a pretty much infinate amount of songs to choose from. My only problem is finding people who make doubes charts. I suppose I could do it myself, but I spend WAY too much time creating stepfiles. Enough time to where it's not even worth it.

I've long been out of DDR practice, and even at my peak I was nowhere near nerdcore. I tried to play with my also out-of-practice friend last weekend and it was very difficult for us to finish some heavy songs on Maxes 1 & 2 (so ashamed!).

However, this means I'm a bit out of the loop on a couple of things:

What are those circles that show up occasionally?

2. How were they suppose to respond to more than two arrows simultaneously? If you look at the video, you'll notice arrows are still coming while a pair of freeze arrows are already in effect.

3. What's the best way for an out of practice DDRer to earn back his skillz? My friend's school has it as a gym activity, and he made sure he was one of the six to sign up. My school, as of yet, has no such course.

Some videos from DDR Storm X. The pads were being dumb, so it was just the one with the most fantastics win.

Flash is too good.

Flash vs Soul of Ignorance - Let My Love Go Blind

Soul of Ignorance vs Kaze - Holy Guacamole

Kaze vs Flash - Xuxa

Kaze vs Flash - Tell

Flash vs Kaze - Hardcore of the North

Flash vs Kaze - Utopia

So... I've gotten the DDR bug, and I'm thinking of grabbing DDR Universe for the 360 along with the dance pad, but I'm not totally sure about it yet.

65 songs? I hope alot of them are recurring from past games like DDRMAX. I friggin' loved the tracks on that one. And what about dance pads? Is the one that comes along with the game good enough or should I go 3rd party? Wired or Wireless?

Thanks in advance.

I've played some of the songs on Universe. I liked them, especially the Tsugaru one. This one:

Soft pads are a lot better than what they used to be. When I first played DDR, it was on a Dreamcast on 2nd mix. The soft pad was terrible because it would crumple up like paper and always move around.

Now they have a grippy bottom and they don't crumple up, even on harder songs. I bought the Mario Mix on the GC when it came out, and I was surprised how well the pad that's included worked. But, it's still a soft pad, so it's not the best thing.

If you aren't satisfied with the pad that comes with it though, you could always go for an Ignition pad. It's better than a soft pad because you can feel the panels, and it's not too pricey compared to a metal pad. http://www.redoctane.com/ignitionpadv3.html

I've played some of the songs on Universe. I liked them, especially the Tsugaru one. This one:

Soft pads are a lot better than what they used to be. When I first played DDR, it was on a Dreamcast on 2nd mix. The soft pad was terrible because it would crumple up like paper and always move around.

Now they have a grippy bottom and they don't crumple up, even on harder songs. I bought the Mario Mix on the GC when it came out, and I was surprised how well the pad that's included worked. But, it's still a soft pad, so it's not the best thing.

If you aren't satisfied with the pad that comes with it though, you could always go for an Ignition pad. It's better than a soft pad because you can feel the panels, and it's not too pricey compared to a metal pad. http://www.redoctane.com/ignitionpadv3.html

I second the Ignition pad reccomendation.

Also, lol at the dancer in the background of that song

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...