Removed tracks

Twelvepack

I understand that many of the removed tracks were removed for good reasons, but some of my favorite tracks of all time were listed as "too close to origional"

Is there some way I can recover these? I dont really care how little effort went into their creation, I enjoy the product as is.

Also, I would kill for a copy of the artist removed track "snowey caps"... =[

• 6 months later...

I have an OC ReMix from Zelda 64 called Ocarina Boogie, downloaded from the torrent collections some time ago. The artist ID tag is missing, as is the case with many of the remixes from the old torrents (don't know if that's be remedied). Anyway, this track is not listed on the site anymore? I can't find it, and I really want to know who made this remix! Any help?

• 1 month later...

There was a particular Metroid mix from a while back. Im wondering if:

1. when remixes are no longer existent, are they stored somewhere here on OCR?

2. or are they just discarded?

If there's a topic like this already. forgive me. I just wanna know where the remix is...even forgot the name.

All I remember is the progression

-8-bit intro of samus' entry into brinstar

--techno-esqe intro of brinstar theme...and so it goes on.

I may be at a loss, but I liked that mix. Hope you guys can help.

• 1 month later...

Weird...

A while ago they had NiGHTS - SoftMuseumJam on there, and I did get that in the collection, but now I don't see it on that list...

So I don't think I have any of them, but happened to that song? I know I had seen other songs I had which were in the torrent. Anybody know?

EDIT:

That would probably explain why when I got it all, it only had about 1,375... had me confiused, lol.

Bart Klepka made some System Shock 2 mixes that were removed without mention, and that are also not on OCRemoved...

Yeah what is it with Bart Klepka? I've noticed that a shitload of his remixes (all but one in fact) have been removed from the site with the reason being "currently unknown" for all of them, and now I hear that a bunch of them were removed without mention! Add that to the fact that NONE of them are on OC Removed.

Did Bart Klepka murder somebody or hack OCremixed and delete the whole site at some point or something?? To say that there seems to be a lot of silent hostility towards him would be a huge understatement...

Yeah what is it with Bart Klepka? I've noticed that a shitload of his remixes (all but one in fact) have been removed from the site with the reason being "currently unknown" for all of them, and now I hear that a bunch of them were removed without mention! Add that to the fact that NONE of them are on OC Removed.

Did Bart Klepka murder somebody or hack OCremixed and delete the whole site at some point or something?? To say that there seems to be a lot of silent hostility towards him would be a huge understatement...

Hahaha, way to overhype it. Reason is "unknown", because those removals happened before my time at OCR, and before anyone kept track of things like that. So I have no idea why they got pulled. My guess would be too much direct sampling of the original songs, but since no one seems to have them, I can't check them out. In any case, there's no negativity against Bart. He's still got one mix available on the site.

Hahaha, way to overhype it. Reason is "unknown", because those removals happened before my time at OCR, and before anyone kept track of things like that. So I have no idea why they got pulled. My guess would be too much direct sampling of the original songs, but since no one seems to have them, I can't check them out. In any case, there's no negativity against Bart. He's still got one mix available on the site.

Yeah I suppose I did a little bit... but anyway, that's all well and good, but if that were the case, wouldn't those System Shock 2 mixes that Dafydd mentioned be be listed with the same "unknown" reason?

On another note, does anybody know where I could find a complete and up-to-date list of ALL the mixes that have ever been removed from the site? Or if such a list even exists? I don't mind snooping around to try and find them myself, but if I had a reliable list to reference, it would make things a lot easier.

Yeah I suppose I did a little bit... but anyway, that's all well and good, but if that were the case, wouldn't those System Shock 2 mixes that Dafydd mentioned be be listed with the same "unknown" reason?

On another note, does anybody know where I could find a complete and up-to-date list of ALL the mixes that have ever been removed from the site? Or if such a list even exists? I don't mind snooping around to try and find them myself, but if I had a reliable list to reference, it would make things a lot easier.

My list is fairly reliable. As far as the System Shock 2 mixes though, I've never heard of them either being on the site or subsequently removed. But as I said, it was before my time. If anybody can pull up an archive.org entry or OCR v1 or v2 with System Shock material in the dropdown menu, I'd appreciate. Can't add stuff to the list that I can't verify.

I don't remember when I saw those SS2 mixes, but it was probably back in 2002 or 2001. They did sample from the original songs a lot, so I don't mind them being pulled, I just think it's strange there's no record of their existence anywhere.

EDIT: Well, here's one way to get to his SS2 mix... http://www.fileplanet.com/59803/50000/fileinfo/Shodan-(Hacked-Mix)