Metroid - Kraid's Lair Reconstruction

xanZion

Hey people, Just thought I drop by the OCR forums for the first time, as I have reconstructed a track. The original Track comes from the NES Game Metroid. The Melody of Kraid's Lair has always motioned me to do something with it, so finally I decided after 4 years of FL Studio practice, I'd give it a shot, and we end up with this motivating music track. Since I don't know how to play piano by key, only by sound, I had to play my NES several times, leaving Samus at the Lair of Kraid Entrance, just so I could get the track memorized enough to reproduce the notes. After reproducing the notes, I went off reconstructing them. So enough of my rambling, download the track and tell me what you think.

oops forgot to introduce myself. Name is xanZion. :roll:

peace

edit: Final Revision - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=696282

The synths sound really generic right now, and the arrangement gets a bit repetitive after the first loop through.......on the upside, its very catchy and you really interpret the source well. one of the benefits of not using a MIDI rip is that youre bound to get some good interpretation merely by recreating the song by ear. Develop this further : )

This is a wonderful job. The synths are a bit on the mainstream side, but they don't subtract from the piece's attractiveness to my ears.

Hmmm....

Could use a bit of a gentler intro. The main melody fades in then hit the beats as you have them now...

That's honestly all I have to say. Now I'm going to have to Krazy Glue myself to the chair to stop from bouncing up and down.

Follow the glowstick Towleny follow the nice pretty glowstick.

Just joking.

Cheers and good job.

-Fickett.

Now I can unequivocally say Im really feelin this mix. You added some variation, threw in some particularly nice effects....this was a whole lot more enjoyable to listen to, and I liked ur first one. The soundscape seems a little convoluted at points, but it doesnt distract me from the overall song. Quite a quick update, but clearly youve made great improvements.

Good to hear that you guys like it, glad = me :-P (Fl Studio and Creative Prodikeys DM!). But the big question... Is this reconstruction submit worthy? I like to get opinions before I email them about this.. If it needs more tuning up, let me know, your last opinions really got me motivated to work on it more. Kinda stuck between two projects now, this and a Tetris remix...

peace

Welcome to OCR!

This is quite a good song, especially around the 'bigger' parts like 1:35. Well placed effects too that do mix things up well. A strong beat with a good breakdown, too.

Just a little tiny point.. IMHO, Is to maybe shorten the lo-fi intro down a little bit? As I'm sure you know, you have to plan a song's relistenability (whew) and how many times a listener is going to play this song. After they get familiar with it, how will that intro be perceived? Will they think of it like "okay, this isn't the main beat of which I like, so hurry up and get past it to get to the good stuff" or does it hold a listener's attention long enough not to want to skip it?

Or, (again IMO) you can keep the intro that length, but add more entertaining effects to it, y'know?

What ever you wanna do man, this is a really good song.

If you feel good about it, submit!

Thanx for replying, I have been working up a new intro, and the first drum beat might get replaced, Im still deciding. The FX at the beginning was reworked and I have exhausted it to the point of near perfection, it blends also if you have the song on repeat hehe

expect the final download tomarrow (around Mountain Standard Time 9:30 pm, sunday).

peace

Shoot! Im late... Well as promised another revision, the FX at the beginning was reworked, the the breakbeat was also revised very slightly. Also added a reversed bassdrum to make it a little more hard at climax. The pads were re mastered, and the Overall FX panel of FL Studio 7 had to be reworked so it was more efficient.

Let me know of any problem you run into with the link, google has been wacky these last few days.

*edit: The download has been relocated, my last post and the first post now contain the link.

peace