someone tell this person, SoaD didn't make the Zelda song!

neminem

http://community.livejournal.com/dwfanvids/144674.html

If you want to see a great example of stupidity, just look here. The fanvid is actually pretty amusing, except that the creator is absolutely convinced that Rabbit Joint's Zelda cover is by System of a Down, despite clear proof to the contrary. Can someone else help beat it into this person's head that, just because google tells you something, doesn't mean it's right?

this gives me an idea :D

We should start an official thread for misnamed songs found on p2p, so people can figure out the real names of the songs.

for example i know for a fucking fact that paul oakenfold didnt make an ff1x remix

and i know that "nintendo" is not the author of "megaman rave" which isnt a megaman remix unless its some rare song that was only found in soundtest of some obscure master system version of megaman that only 5 carts were made.

anyways yea

I guess that using this person's logic, House of the Rising Sun was actually recorded by The Doors, CCR, Zeppelin, The Moody Blues, and Bob Dylan, but not by The Animals.

P2P has so many wrong artists that it's unbelievable.

That's why if I look for a song on P2P I Google the title to make sure it is not mislabeled.

zircon wins again, fans!

Indeed he does! Thanks, Zircon!

But Fratto - there's a difference there. You see, House of the Rising Sun was actually covered by most or all of the people you mentioned. Whereas SoaD never covered Rabbit Joint's song. Though, as I said, it would be really amusing if they did, just to confuse everyone more.

It's amazing how many people still get that wrong. Search for Rabbit Joint on Youtube and you get highly amusing arguments of who did it. Then it's just depressing.

Arguments on youtube are funny. No matter what video you watch, someone is calling someone else a racist in the comments.

In the words of TSA, your friendly neighborhood Zelda guru:

GANNON-BANNED!

http://www.gannon-banned.com

To anyone who thinks he's a Zelda fan, check out this hilarious site and get educated!

you said you're a sage on nsider which means you spend/spent an exorbitant amount of time on nsider. I must salute you, since after about an hour on there I wanted to kill myself because of all the brainlessness of the 12 year olds on there.

I know, man. The boards there aren't as great as they used to be. Three years ago, the boards were called "Hyrule Town Square" and was mainly dedicated to "The Wind Waker". Those were the golden days since the number of members weren't as much as now.

However, you'll occassionally find very mature people in Nsider if you look in the right places. Also, the Sage-only board is REALLY cool.

Another serious victim in P2P renaming is Weird Al. I'm no great fan of his by any extent of the imagination, but as a musician the guy deserves the respect, you know?

There's a great deal about this on his wikipedia page, and a few lists of misattributed songs, so at least there are people doing something about this.

Also, I find it helps not to use shitty P2P clients such as Limewire. Stick with reliable torrent sites, and you'll very very rarely ever encounter this kind of thing.

I know, man. The boards there aren't as great as they used to be. Three years ago, the boards were called "Hyrule Town Square" and was mainly dedicated to "The Wind Waker". Those were the golden days since the number of members weren't as much as now.

However, you'll occassionally find very mature people in Nsider if you look in the right places. Also, the Sage-only board is REALLY cool.

Back before I got onto OCR I tried, I really did, to find a bit of brains on there. I found NOTHING, and I persisted. The reason my postcount was so low on there was because I could never find anything intelligent to respond to, not because I was never around. Boy am I glad I left and came here when I did.

Uh, I don't think he was trying to be cool...

Anyway, that Gannon-banned site is the most shameful thing I've ever seen come out of the Zelda community. What scares me more is that it's totally something I would've done when I was 13 too.

lol come on, man. It's just a joke/parody site. Don't take it seriously. Its purpose is to piss off people who take it seriously. Plus, it's a bit on the educational side if you want to get technical with the series. :P