The 2D Fighter Thread

ILLiterate

I played Melty Blood: Re Act for the first time yesterday. It was great fun. It's got the style and flash of Guilty Gear, but it plays more like Street Fighter (A much faster, crazier Street Fighter.) The music is nice as well.

My only gripe is not being able to understand anything because of all the Japanese text.

Yeah, it looks cool... PC doujin fighter?

Yes, but it may have well been professionally done. The graphics, music, and overall execution are all amazing. I really like the system: special moves have a cost and you have to charge up in order to continue using them (which is the same as Art of Fighting, as I've heard?), and your special meter charges up as you collect little gems that people drop. The characters all have different play styles too.

I hope now that SNk is releasing their Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury Anthologies that they will consider releasing Garou Mark of the Wolves here in the US as well. I have only played the game about 5 times before at an arcade. Man I really want this game.

I hope now that SNk is releasing their Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury Anthologies that they will consider releasing Garou Mark of the Wolves here in the US as well. I have only played the game about 5 times before at an arcade. Man I really want this game.
I'm betting that they will. It seems like SNK is releasing their games in the US on the games time lines, so we'll get AoF, then FF Vol.1, then FF Vol. 2, then Garou, since Garou is a apart of that series, then we'll get SamSho or KoF

Also if you're dying for it, you can always get the game to run on your computer

Also if you're dying for it, you can always get the game to run on your computer

I know but I would really prefer playing it on a console. Anyways, hopefully your speculation is right we might see Garou here in the US at some point.

Holy crap!!! I just saw SNK Playmore's USA site and it looks like they are planning on bringing King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Colleseum to the US. Fightersgeneration.com says this year, but I couldn't find any release date or possible release date on the official site. Hopefully I'm not just seeing things and I could be playing KOF XI and Neo Geo BC soon.

http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/in-development.php

Yay, life is good, SNK is truly coming back to the US market

News Update

Also, when looking inside the subforums for both games on the SNK USA message boards we find out that KoF XI will be released in September, while Neo Geo Battle Coliseum will be released this October

2007 really is a good year for the fighting genre. First Virtua Fighter 5 came out, then Tekken DR for PS3 and games that are going to be coming out include Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Guilty Gear Accent Core for Wii, King of Fighters XI, Neo Geo Battle Colliseum, and finally Tekken 6 for Arcades. I am also still hoping for Garou. This year is going to be awsome.

OH

MY

GOD

YES

The most accurate response that this news will get. :-D

I should ask for the days off from work when these games come out. I'll just put it down as a religious holiday or something. My religion has many Gods, and they are Tiered. I'm still trying to give the religion a name, but I can't decide between "A-ISM", "V-ISM", or "X-ISM".

I know this is kinda of old news but has anyone here been keeping up with Super Street Fighter Turo HD Remix (man what a long name). They recently released a Ken sprite early last week. This week, about 2 days ago, they released several Akuma sprites. You can see these images at any game site. Udon also posted these sprites in there Deviantart gallery. All and all I would say they look really good. The Akuma sprites look really detailed. I can't wait to see what the other characters look like.

Here are some links

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/900/900199/imgs_1.html

http://udoncrew.deviantart.com/gallery/

I know this is kinda of old news but has anyone here been keeping up with Super Street Fighter Turo HD Remix (man what a long name). They recently released a Ken sprite early last week. This week, about 2 days ago, they released several Akuma sprites. You can see these images at any game site. Udon also posted these sprites in there Deviantart gallery. All and all I would say they look really good. The Akuma sprites look really detailed. I can't wait to see what the other characters look like.

Here are some links

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/900/900199/imgs_1.html

http://udoncrew.deviantart.com/gallery/

All of the sprites so far look great, but now I'm glad they're done with showcasing the shotos, as there's not much diversity in how their attacks look and such. I can't wait to see the new Dhalsim and Blanka sprites personally.

All of the sprites so far look great, but now I'm glad they're done with showcasing the shotos, as there's not much diversity in how their attacks look and such. I can't wait to see the new Dhalsim and Blanka sprites personally.

It's all about Chun-Li. If they rape my teenage years by fucking her sprite up, I will be very displeased. VERY.

However, considering it's Udon doing the art, I'm positive that they'll produce some quality work.

Haven't seen anything of anyone besides Ryu, and most recently, Ken and Akuma.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was already a link to the newer pics. Oops.

It's hard to believe that those images are sprites. But when I look at the work in Odin Sphere, and the textures on the pictures, I can suspend disbelief and think that this is going to be absolutely fantastic.

Thats surprises me. Those games have been in europe for a while, at around £15.

Yeah, they just never hit North American shores. Can't even play them by less-than-legal means, because of certain issues (in a soft-mod, anyway). >.> KoF XI freezes up, and Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum doesn't even play.

Touche, SNK-Playmore. Touche.