The 2D Fighter Thread

ILLiterate

Yeah I go there under ILLiterate, don't post much

Since this threads zzz status, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 came out on store shelves. I for sure recommend getting it for the fact that it has Fatal Fury Special, one of the better fighters of the time and still great today

Releases coming soon would be Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2 recommended), King of Fighters XI (sometime this month), Neo Geo Battle Coliseum

That's the JWong 2007 moment for everyone else

Releases coming soon would be Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2 recommended), King of Fighters XI (sometime this month), Neo Geo Battle Col

Whats wrong with the Wii version of Accent Core, it supports the Class Controller after all. Anyway King of Fighters XI will definately be the one to keep an eye on this month.

Edit: That EVO 2007 moment was amazing. I guess never giving up pays off sometimes.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing a ton of SFII on the SF Anniversary collection with a friend of mine, and I must say it gets pretty freaking epic. It always comes down to our marquee match-up of Dhalsim vs. E. Honda. My friend (Dhalsim user) has an extremely annoying strategy involving perpetual yoga fires combined with perhaps one of most devastating combos in the game: slide kick to throw. The cheapness in that game is also probably its greatest charm -- we just can't get enough of it.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but it's worth posting for those who haven't.

Volume X - Super Turbo Shenanigans - Evo07 Special

I just thought I'd post this.

For those kepping up with the thread, KOF XI never actually got released in September. It's tenative date is now for October 23. Guily Gear Accent Core for Wii also has a tentative date of October 16. Hopefully these games won't get delayed any further.

My PS2 has been getting about double it's normal use now since I've picked up Accent Core. I was just curious as to what most people's preferred characters were... Mine including, Faust, Testament, Eddie, Robo-Ky, and Zappa. I also like to try out Axl every now and then.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is due for a November release right? I'm just looking forward to finally being able to use Marco. :grin:

I bought Accent Core, but I haven't been playing it a lot. I've been really busy lately with school, so my DS and PSP really get the most lovin'. But I use A.B.A, Sol, and dabble in Order Sol now and then. Been practicing with A.B.A and damn can that living dead girl pressure.

I'm excited to see all the team supers, like Rock and Terry's. Plus playing as Asura again since Samurai Shodown Pocket 2 will be nice.

Be wary of the version of Arcana Heart. I hear that they differ significantly so. Arcana Heart Full probably the one you see in the arcade cabinet. I don't remember exactly what the differences are, but just letting you know. Anyway, if you haven't played Arcana Heart yet, it's something like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but only 1v1. The normals by themselves are slow but put together with specials, it can be pretty fast paced. Youtube videos make it seem as if it were a lot faster than it is, but that's just because you're a noob. :D A lot of the fun stuff comes from homing and cancels and dashing. It should be known that dashing only takes one bar and lasts for as long as you hold down the button. So... yeah. Very cool. Last time I played, no one played against me. :(

I need to buy a controller for the PC and then I will play anyone in SFA3 online. :D (Kawaks, not MAME.)

As embarrassing as it is, I want to play that game somethin' fierce. I hunger for new fighters constantly. And I mean, come on, if Hokuto No Ken looked like shit when I first saw it, all the bad opinions about this one are bound to be wrong - unbalanced as it is, Hokuto No Ken is one of the most fun fighters I've ever played.

Speaking of which, mains in HNK: Kenshiro, Shin, Jagi.

And about the video, is it me or the song in the background is the "Made in USA" from Blood on the Asphalt?

If it is, then. Major props to Sixto Sounds.

It sure does sound like "Made in USA". I always thought Blood on the Asphalt would make a perfect remixed sound track for SSF II HD. Maybe Capcom thinks so too?

• 1 month later...