Ok, what's with this last.fm shiz?

Flik

Hmm, apparently I'm one of your top listeners as well. Must be because I listened to RoFL recently.

... you did 'Happy 2 Dux' too? Wow, I had no idea!

lol dude, nearly half the tracks on that project were by me under various names.

As an artist, I don't think you can control your Last.FM artist profile. You can only control your Last.FM user profile.

you can edit the profile and add pictures, but that's it. you have no control over what gets credited to you and what doesn't. :(

Just out of curiosity, I looked at my last.fm page. While some of the tracks listed on that page are actually mine, the majority of them aren't. I don't really like having tracks with the name "Dip It Low" and "Got Urself A Gun" attributed to me.

I think chthonic's got it the worst though; he shares his name with some Taiwanese metal band.

it does not help that the majority of ChthoniC's english-speaking fans are total dicks

This is true.

However, I looked around this site some more and it's actually pretty neat.

But the fact that the artists can't control any of the content is super lame.

Super.

I don't see how you can't.

I went to an artist page and there is a link if you want to edit the bio info, so I clicked it and BOOM I could change what I wanted.

I don't see how artists can't do that to their own artist profile.

I don't see how you can't.

I went to an artist page and there is a link if you want to edit the bio info, so I clicked it and BOOM I could change what I wanted.

I don't see how artists can't do that to their own artist profile.

The problem arises when two artists with the same name share a page.

The problem arises when two artists with the same name share a page.

If you look at the artist profile for AIR, as there are two bands with the same name, the French duo bio is on top, with the older jazz group on the bottom. I guess that's how you solve it.

But the real problem lies with the fact that since most of the data uploaded is from 'scrobbling' users, if they have bad tags, then you'll get bad data.

I've been using the software for about a week now; I don't know if you're allowed to add music songs yourself to band profiles that don't have any (ie. what I'd do to Cloudberry Jam)...oh wait just checked, you have to register as an artist/label first. Dunno what that involves, as I'm not an artist or record label.