*NO* Castlevania 3 'Mind of the Demon'

djpretzel

Heh, you could use a CVIII remix... I'm sending a link to VGmix.com to keep your inboxes digital bed a little drier... =D ...but that means you'll need to change the ID3 tags yourself...

Title: Mind of the Demon

Game: Castlevania III

I haven't a clue who the original composer is, sorry.

Thanks for listening!

-Psychrophyte

Hmm, interesting panning at the beginning? I don't know if it's just me, but I got the impression that the bass is just a bit distorted, especially at the beginning, like it was clipping or something.

I like the way that some small sounds are used, they add detail to the mix, although the arrangement doesn't change that much.

I'm not sure about this one, so I'm gonna say NO .This remix feels, how can I say it, forced.

Hmm. The intro seems to be taking it's sweet time. There we go. Although this doesn't really sound like the song has gotten started yet either. There's not really a whole lot going on. Drums and bass line.

I find the mix itself to be.. well.. boring. It's not bad otherwise, but if there was a little more going on then it would be a lot better I think.

Also the ending is kinda bleh.

Vote: No

Psychrophyte, learn how to pan. i'm not too hot in the area either - that's why you'll see most of my songs end up on closer to the mono end of the "panning spectrum." But the intro to this was just painful to listen to because the balance was all off. And I'm not even listening through headphones.

This mix certainly takes it's sweet time saying what it wants to. Interest level could be higher, especially in the drums. And just as it sounds like things might start to pick up, the soung cuts out.

Overall I felt that not much happened here. That *might* work on its own, but coupled with the panning problems it's too much. I gotta vote No, but with the caveat that this doesn't need a whole lot more work before it gets where it needs to be.

Your bass is way distorted. soften it up a bit. The intro panning has too much emphasis on the right. Get it to share with the left a bit more. I don't mind the length of the intro because the song isn't high tempoed anyways, so I didn't see it as a problem. The section from 1:15 - 1:46 is what's got folks complainin'.

That 30 second or so interval of nothing but the bass and the drums is empty and bland. And what you reach on the other side of the bridge is exactly what you left. Again, this wouldn't be so bad, but not hearing things really switch up until the last 19 seconds of the song is what kills it. Do a switch up of your drum scheme in the bridge, or maybe throw in some spooky ambient strings or a pad somewhere. This mix DOES have the potential to get on OCR. I'd like to see it, but in the meantime I'll have to say no.