ANTIGRAVITY - new album available / new zircon website!

zircon

I'm glad everyone is getting their CD and that they're working properly! That was my biggest fear, that there would be some little printing/manufacturing screwup that renders all the CDs unplayable. :) Feel free to drop reviews @ www.cdbaby.com/zircon3 if you liked it!

Also, I have a mailing list where I send out info on my upcoming releases, give free or preview/demo MP3s, announce contests, giveaways, new merchandise, etc. If you'd like to be on it, simply send an email with the subject "subscribe" to list@zirconstudios.com and you'll be added. The letters go out monthly to bi-monthly so you won't get spammed - promise!

Got mine yesterday and have been listening to it as much as possible since. I've got to say that it does not disappoint. I like it enough to post via PSP if that says anything. Absolutely awesome from start to finish. My one comment about it is that "Throwdown" and "Speed of Light" should maybe have been spaced further apart if only because they both make use of very similar sound style (for lack of a better description). Other than that it is definitly one of the best CDs I own.

Saw the CD when I got home from work a few days ago, and the very first thing I did was open it and rip to my computer. Must say, I wasn't disappointed! Now, I can't really comment much on the musicality because it's not my field, but this album sounds quite slick, both in production quality and the compositions themselves. May this work get the kudos it deserves!

You can purchase individual tracks for 99 cents if you search the name "zircon" in the iTunes store.

Thanks pixietricks

I never purchased anything from Itunes before. Do I need to download Itunes software to playback the music? And what kind of format file type is it? sorry I'm a newbie to the itunes thing. Thanks in advance

The format is flac, I think, and you will need iTunes or an iPod to play the tracks back because they'll be encoded with your iTunes store account name, so to play them back, you have to authorize your computer to play songs from your iTunes store account.

The format is flac, I think, and you will need iTunes or an iPod to play the tracks back because they'll be encoded with your iTunes store account name, so to play them back, you have to authorize your computer to play songs from your iTunes store account.

Yeah I just downloaded the itunes software and purchased "Breathing You" & "Antigravity" Very good songs and I give it my personal two thumbs up. ;) So is there anyway I can play these tracks using my mp3 player? I don't use/have a Ipod or am I screwed and HAVE to open up ITUNES just to listen this?

Myke; cool! Glad you enjoyed them.

WesPip; Phew... I was worried CD Baby was having Canada shipping problems.

BTW - I've reduced the price on the physical CD to $13. I think this is a little more reasonable. Not to slight anyone that preordered it at that price... after all you did still get it before anyone else :)

Still haven't got mine. I doubt it's a shipping problem as much as it is the fact that shipping to Canada takes longer. If I remember right, Wespip is farther west (i.e. closer to CD Baby's warehouse) than I am, so that's probably why he has his and I don't. I wouldn't worry about it; I'm sure it'll arrive. Besides, they put it in the finest gold-lined box that money can buy :)

Still haven't got mine. I doubt it's a shipping problem as much as it is the fact that shipping to Canada takes longer. If I remember right, Wespip is farther west (i.e. closer to CD Baby's warehouse) than I am, so that's probably why he has his and I don't. I wouldn't worry about it; I'm sure it'll arrive. Besides, they put it in the finest gold-lined box that money can buy :)

I'm in Winnipeg, so yeah, a little further West than you, but I'd think the difference between here and TO shouldn't be more than a day or two.

Nice! Congrats Zircon!

I'm undecided as to which track is my favourite, but it's probably a tossup between Breathing You In, Throwdown (is it sacrilege that I was playing an air sax solo over part of the tune on my way to work today, complete with a few non-typical sax effects like chorus and a wah pedal?), Art of Zen, and Antigravity. This album is definitely my gateway drug into electronica.

Hey, props to bgc for telling me about Garageband to begin with. Hopefully I'll move up the charts there. :)

Kanthos; You're officially a convert. BTW if I ever do a live show (which I'm hoping to), live sax on Throwdown is a great idea. I suggest you check out BT's album "ESCM" followed by "Emotional Technology" for more excellent electronic music. Other standouts include Daft Punk's "Homework", Prodigy's "Fat of the Land", Crystal Method's "Vegas", Fatboy Slim's "You've Come a Long Way, Baby" and Chemical Brothers "Dig Your Own Hole". All of these are influences of mine.

Everyone else; thanks for all the comments! I really appreciate it - and if you liked the album, please tell anyone you know who enjoys electronic music about it! Word of mouth is my best method of promotion and I rely on it right now.

Also, feel free to friend me on MySpace. :)