*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Ship's Hold Horror'

djpretzel

Uhm...well...

I know that Tm Revolutionary's Synthetic Time parasite drives almost

everyone but me insane...but I'm submitting this DKC2 remix in the spirit of

Synthetic Time Parasite, hoping it'll get posted.

Your biggest quarrel will probably be that the beat is slightly off...but

that's intended...and so is the general painfulness of the TS404s...so I'm

hoping you'll find it exceptionally painful enough to post.

:D

hair 'tis

thanks in advance for any feedback/future posting

Starky

8O8O8O8O8O8O8O

Damn, this mix is intense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8O8O8O8O8O8O8O8O

This is soo full it just hits you like a fat combo!!!!!!!

Now that I've recovered, whew - the 404 can be a very thick synth, depending on how you use it, and a lot of them have been combined together here, creating a thick layer of appegiated notes. You can just hear notes coming at you from everywhere, plus he's put a delay on.

The drum beat is just as frantic, I like the snare sound.

I think this comes down to personal preference, and although I like intenseness, I've (just!) realised that there is a limit, this might be too much for some. With careful mixing, this would be palatable to the casual listener!

I'm not going to vote on this one, it's too hard 4 me! Sorry :(

Agh! What on earth is this?

It's too loud for me. I've got my volume down at 13% now just to hear it without making my ears bleed. Hmm. Although I must say, it doesn't actually sound that bad. The drums are sorta repetitive, but not boring really. And the synth work is good, although the mix doesn't seem like it's really going anywhere. I don't know how to describe it really.

The intro is really awful, I didn't like it all. When the staccato lead comes in it's much better.

One major suggestion I have for this is to drop down the volume a chunk.

I was able to comfortable listen to it at 50% of my Winamp volume, and most stuff I listen to at 100%

Arg, I really don't know what to say about this. I like it, but I don't like it at the same time. And I don't think it's quality is horrible...

I'm gonna have to go with my gut and say no. Maybe fix up the volume thing and it would be great.

Vote: No

Volume definately needs to go down. Though, uber-loud mixes have been posted before, so I don't think that's grounds for holding this one back.

But I must say, the volume isn't this mix's only problem. It gets way to repetative. It's essentially the same measure of stuff over and over and over for almost three minutes. Granted, there's an attempt to keep things interesting by adding some variation in the instruments and drums, but it just wasn't enough. When I have to make a real effort to keep my attention on a song, it's never good.

I'm gonna have to say No here. The artist shows potential in terms of the style of music, and the samples used, etc. But this song got old much too fast for my taste.